• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Bad Experience with ODT'er

Joshua223

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
54   0
Reaction score
Had a good run, but I guess it was bound to happen eventually. Said he would happily buy some stuff I had listed after I gave him a price. After he gave me a phone number I told him I wanted to confirm everything via PM until day of meet. He had 2 positives and I didn't know him.
Agreed on a place then he said he could only meet me that night or the next dayif I lowered the price 1/6. When I responded we had agreed on a price he talked about being busy and not wanting to overstress (or something like that) his schedule. At the moment I felt i needed the money so I agreed to meet him next day.
Asked what time he wanted to meet and he said it was "up in the air".
Gave him the benefit of a doubt after he ghosted, but then he listed a gun for sale.
Waste of time.

There are loads of broke dick 'deal makers' on the ODT. I've had it happen before. Usually I'll at least get some lame-assed excuse as why they can't complete the agreed upon transaction. I put those douchebags on ignore.

99.99% of the folks I have contact with in a transaction here are stand-up, do what they say guys.

Hell I even let one buyer take another pistol home in addition to the one he was buying (he'd driven a LONG way to meet) and told him to just mail a check when he was ready to cover the second pistol. I got a good vibe from the young man and he did exactly what he said he'd do.

It's the wishy-washy whiny wheeling beggars ghosting micro minority that make trading here unpleasant. Ignore sure helps reduce that. I may start a Jimdo webpage where you can post the names of scum bags that try to trade here. LOL!

There are loads of broke dick 'deal makers' on the ODT. I've had it happen before. Usually I'll at least get some lame-assed excuse as why they can't complete the agreed upon transaction. I put those douchebags on ignore.

99.99% of the folks I have contact with in a transaction here are stand-up, do what they say guys.

Hell I even let one buyer take another pistol home in addition to the one he was buying (he'd driven a LONG way to meet) and told him to just mail a check when he was ready to cover the second pistol. I got a good vibe from the young man and he did exactly what he said he'd do.

It's the wishy-washy whiny wheeling beggars ghosting micro minority that make trading here unpleasant. Ignore sure helps reduce that. I may start a Jimdo webpage where you can post the names of scum bags that try to trade here. LOL!
In for webpage!

I actually have an up in the air on meeting time and place going that was made back in October.
We just live too far away to meet on a whim, don't want to ship because we can't shake hands or flap gums over a meal.
His gun is sitting in my safe and mine is in his safe.
but it's a deal and guarantee you it's solid!

I actually have an up in the air on meeting time and place going that was made back in October.
We just live too far away to meet on a whim, don't want to ship because we can't shake hands or flap gums over a meal.
His gun is sitting in my safe and mine is in his safe.
but it's a deal and guarantee you it's solid!
bet he's a fine feller you dealing with

Back
Top Bottom