• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

First Bad Experience with ODT'er

Last Sunday posted a pistol for sale. Member in good standing since December 2012 with 117 positive feedbacks agreed on price , he set the time and place to meet , all by PM . Morning of the meet said he couldn’t buy it . So , it’s just not the new members ! I try to be an “ optimist “ on here , but this is the first bad experience I’ve had .

What gets me is people ghosting.
If for some reason you change your mind or have something come up , just say so. Not that hard. If guys here know you aren't the kind to normally back out of deals they may give you the benefit of the doubt. Won't happen if you avoid them altogether.

I actually have an up in the air on meeting time and place going that was made back in October.
We just live too far away to meet on a whim, don't want to ship because we can't shake hands or flap gums over a meal.
His gun is sitting in my safe and mine is in his safe.
but it's a deal and guarantee you it's solid!

Me and one member are like that haha. I’ve got some stuff for him I bought last year but we haven’t really found the time to meet up.

I’ve done other deals with him before, had some beers, and talk to him outside of ODT.

There’s only 4 people on ODT I talk to regularly (via phone)and he is one of them.

Sometimes the nitwits are doing you a favor. I had a deal confirmed for a rifle from a WTB ad and the guy said, "something's come up", oh well. I sold it on gunbroker in under 12 hours for $200 more than he "agreed" to pay, LOL!

Fully understand OP B.U.T.

Seems like too many sellers today will not drive past the end of their driveway, but want me to drive an hour or so across Atlanta and meet them in a 15 minute window "due to work obligations".

Those are the true "limp dicks"

Back
Top Bottom