• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

FIRST GUN.....???? What was your VERY FIRST FIREARM???

JC Higgins 22 autoloader. Parents wouldn't let me have one, so I bought one from a kid at school and hid it in the basement. Turned out to be hot. Gave it to my kid brother who took it to work and ran the numbers. He got it back to the rightful owner after 20 years. I'd like to find another. Had a two piece stock where the two wood pieces laid over one another.

Of course I had a daisy BB gun. A many a crow went to crow heaven at the working end of the daisy. First real weapon a marlin 30 30 my father purchased for me when I was a teen ager about 35 years ago. Still have it in the safe and its going to my son when I pass. I just have to make sure it's not the gun they pry from my cold dead hand! I am thinking that will be my smith and wesson model 645 stainless 45 caliber.

Cross man 760 commemorative with wood stock and fore end.
If you mean real firearm, then it was a single shot .410. Best damn training gun made for newbies.

First real gun, early 1970's Remington 870 20 gauge at age 9.

I distinctly remember the smell of the shotgun shells and more so when fired. A couple weeks ago dad gave me some ammo, and he still had some of the same shells I first started hunting with.

And they still have that lovely smell.....

i60.tinypic.com_zwhw81.jpg

$9.96 for a 100 shells....

i61.tinypic.com_5oxhfm.jpg

Semi-auto Norinco .22 rifle

It's a clone of the Browning ATD rifle.

It has functioned flawlessly through thousands of rounds and is CRAZY accurate.

My dad bought it at Walmart in Athens back in the early 90's and gave it to me for Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom