• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Food plots

It's not that I don't like it. I just think it takes the sport out of the word "HUNTING ". If you're doing it to increase your chances of supplementing your meat reserves then it's OK. It's just not hunting per say..
I have not shot a deer in about 30 years but I spend a lot of time and money feeding them.

i am more of a voyeur.

I think guns take the sport out of hunting , and crossbows, everyone has an opinion of what and who is not a hunter.
Well I agree to a certain degree. It does but in ways it doesn't. If you eat the meat and put all the time and effort to finding the deer, study thier habits then sit and take your chances you don't want that time to go to waste. Then a gun will make sure all your time and effort on the stalk, ammo cost and confirming zero will make the hunt successful. A bow is the true test but if you are not a avid bow shooter you could injure the deer and it could live for a long time and you would never find it. So there are pros and cons on either method. Just because you have a gun doesn't garauntee a successful hunt by any means. Finding deer and making sure you are in a position to shoot is a challenge and you still might not see a shooter.

Sitting over a corn feeder with a 300 win mag. is not sport. However if you are a meat eater and your family relies on that meat to get you through the lean times then I guess that's understandable. I really don't like the process but meat is meat also. It beats 18 dollars a pound for one steak.

Back
Top Bottom