• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Franklin Arms short barreled firearm with rifle buttstock but no ATF paperwork?

C47F97C3-0C53-49B7-BB8A-19EAD683A172.png
C5B31DC0-5829-4C7E-AA69-EDFB0A394F3F.png
4982CD4C-F805-470C-8087-24A88F82ADB7.png
Did the utv shoot nerf footballs too?
No it was as actually pretty dam cool, That’s why it was there to take the heat of that gun.

I really hope for Franklin Armory’s sake that they haven’t manufactured but a dozen or so of these “firearms”.

Otherwise they’re gonna lose their ass on this one.
I doubt they will. There's plenty of folks willing to part with their money to snub the nfa.

I really hope for Franklin Armory’s sake that they haven’t manufactured but a dozen or so of these “firearms”.

Otherwise they’re gonna lose their ass on this one.
Yeah they where kinda tight lip the rest of the show, I think they know it’s a **** up lol

I doubt they will. There's plenty of folks willing to part with their money to snub the nfa.
I just don’t see it selling. You can go to ANY gun forum on the internet and EVERYBODY hates it.

I guess it might be like pistol braces. I know everybody on ODT used to make fun of them, but I sure do see a lot of people around here these days posting up pics of AR pistol builds with braces.

Of course a brace doesn’t cost $2k though.

I am confident that there was some specific reasoning behind "4 MOA at 50 yards" ......probably fired from a Ransom Rest, lol.......By the time it gets to 100 yards no telling what you have going on, 10 - 20 MOA?

I am sure the ammo folks are scrambling to get in line to produce the NERF bullet that can bring this innovative SBRish non SBR rifle back into the realm of conventional ammo fired from a rifled barrel, that will undoubtedly be significantly more to manufacture, and be at best a boutique round that survives almost long enough to beat the fading industry laughter.

This thing turned out to be exactly what the manufacturer intended, a gimmick that fanned the Pre-SHOT Show flame and will maybe sell to enough folks to break even on the hoopla before it fades into the Vaporware hall of fame. As always, YMMV

dumpster-fire.jpg

I just don’t see it selling. You can go to ANY gun forum on the internet and EVERYBODY hates it.

I guess it might be like pistol braces. I know everybody on ODT used to make fun of them, but I sure do see a lot of people around here these days posting up pics of AR pistol builds with braces.

Of course a brace doesn’t cost $2k though.
Well if nothing else its a concept like the the brace was at one time. Even if they dont sell a ton, its only a barrel. They can sell the rifles as regular guns and just be out the cost of a straight barrel.

Well if nothing else its a concept like the the brace was at one time. Even if they dont sell a ton, its only a barrel. They can sell the rifles as regular guns and just be out the cost of a straight barrel.
And they can drill some holes in the top of the barrels, put a mouth piece on it, and debut the "tactical flute" at next year's SHOT Show.

Back
Top Bottom