• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GA man arrested in NY w firearms, he's screwed

Sure ya have Skippy.....

NY isnt on the other side of the world. If I started driving now I could be there before dinner tomorrow. It's an even shorter quick flight. Is it so outlandish to think people haven't been there? And what perspective do you gain from having been or lived there that has bearing on the subject of right/wrong or constitutional/unconstitutional over and above someone that hasnt? As I stated earlier, being from there doesnt make you special. Just another yankee transplant trying to infect us with being ok with the heavy handed government you so obviously deem worthy of respect. Did you move for work or were you trying to get away? If you were trying to get away why do give the stamp of approval on what you were trying to get away from? Just wondering.

NY isnt on the other side of the world. If I started driving now I could be there before dinner tm. It's an even shorter quick flight. Is it so outlandish to think people haven't been there? And what perspective do you gain from having been or lived there that has bearing on the subject of right/wrong or constitutional/unconstitutional over and above someone that hasnt? As I stated earlier, being from there doesnt make you special. Just another yankee transplant trying to infect us with being ok with the heavy handed government you so obviously deem worthy of respect. Did you move for work or were you trying to get away? If you were trying to get away why do give the stamp of approval on what you were trying to get away from? Just wondering.

Went to Medical School there... Upstate NY is gorgeous... Everybody with an IQ above 60 knows you can't take a pistol in NYC... You two seem to think it's an outrage, and somehow I made up the Law.....

NY isnt on the other side of the world. If I started driving now I could be there before dinner tm. It's an even shorter quick flight. Is it so outlandish to think people haven't been there? And what perspective do you gain from having been or lived there that has bearing on the subject of right/wrong or constitutional/unconstitutional over and above someone that hasnt? As I stated earlier, being from there doesnt make you special. Just another yankee transplant trying to infect us with being ok with the heavy handed government you so obviously deem worthy of respect. Did you move for work or were you trying to get away? If you were trying to get away why do give the stamp of approval on what you were trying to get away from? Just wondering.
In for story on leaving GA at 4:40pm and driving to NY by dinner.

That's great. We have someone that has fallen on the proverbial sword for us so we dont have to. Instead of mocking him we should make the most of it. We are probably in much more agreement than our conversation so far would make it appear. We both agree the guy wasnt trying to make a political point and ignored the law of the land in NY to his own detriment. We probably both agree if he did this without clear knowledge and without being prepared to accept the consequences than that was stupid. We are probably both (I hope) incensed at the flagrant disregard for the constitution and individual liberty NY gov has forced upon the people of what was once a great state. Where we seem to differ is I see the majority of the wrong is with the law itself and not the stupidity of the individual. While you support mocking the individual I see opportunity to right a wrong with appropriate action through the courts.
No he didn’t fall on his sword in an honorable attempt to make case law, that would help us all. He made an mistake, possibly just dumb, at best he was just ignorant. But there is no way this can be turned into some type of honorable sacrifice in others behalf.
I do my part by not going to areas that restrict my rights, they don’t get my money, taxes or business. (assuming I know the business is located there) I won’t haul freight there unless they pay me WAYYYYYY more than market value, as of this post I haven’t been offered enough to even tempt me in decades.

Went to Medical School there... Upstate NY is gorgeous... Everybody with an IQ above 60 knows you can't take a pistol in NYC... You two seem to think it's an outrage, and somehow I made up the Law.....

I dont think you made up the law. I do think it's an outrage you cant have a pistol in an American city. I think it's sad you dont think it's an outrage and just accept it as a natural accepted state. And yes, upstate NY is one of the prettiest parts of the US in my humble opinion. If the state wasnt controlled by what I consider a completely beyond the pale unconstitutional government (which to my dismay is spreading/has spread across the country) I might even consider moving there because of how nice it is.

There have been valid points made here about people acceptance of others losing rights. And I agree, but there is little that can be done unless the citizens of that area quit excepting those laws.

Back
Top Bottom