• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gainesville has gun stores again-Life after Schulers!!

Matt820xp

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
10   0
Reaction score
Had some time to waste today and decided to check ou the Outdoor's Depot in Gainesville that recently opened. The store was stocked with handguns and long guns. Good assortment of fishing, and friendly staff. As I was leaving I noticed a place right across the street called Georgia Guns. I went over to check that place out and met a friendly guy which I think was the owner. He had mostly handguns and accessories with better prices than I have seen @ 400 Pawn in Dawsonville. I ended up getting a like new post recall Ruger LCP for $225 that doesn't have a single mark on it. I already have one but my buddy has been searching for a good deal and well, I found it! If you are in the Gainesville area you need to stop by and see Georgia Guns-

when i worked up that way, i used to go up to Georgia guns all the time. Bought a 6906 from him. He always had a great selection of different guns that you didnt see anywhere else.

Ditto on the guy at Georgia Gun Store. Great guy! And while you're in Gainesville don't forget "The Foxhole". John and Kale, formerly at Shuler's, own the place. Also the man that works on bows is there. Better people you won't meet. Bought two from them week before last.

Jon and Dwayne (bow-tech) actually own Foxhole Guns, but Kale and Kasey are there working as well.
I have not been to either of the other stores, need to check them out it seems.

I like having gun stores back but here's what I've noticed at each

Foxhole- Great selection of handguns with moderate pricing, Not enough long guns and they are generally higher priced

Georgia Gun Store- The guy used to roll with Eastman's, but he makes a flat profit on all his guns essentially he sets a certain price over cost so he makes the same profit on all his guns. This pricing plan is good for higher end items, but the lower end items can get overpriced. His selection isn't the best the last time I went and his defense ammo selection was weak but he'll order anything you want.

Outdoor Depot- Hit or miss with them. Great ammo selection, great gun selection. Gun prices can either be out of this world or crappy you just have to look.

Oakwood has Cedar Creek Tatical which is not far out, just down Mcever, and has a short handgun range.

Back
Top Bottom