Georgia Campus Carry

Yeah, there's this myth that enraged students will just pull out their concealed firearm and start shooting their professors for giving them a D instead of a C.

Never mind that most students aren't even old enough to have a license in the first place, or that this has literally never, ever happened. All these gun control 'activists' know that legal gun owners are just killers who haven't been put in jail yet.

Jeesh.

The saddest part is these are the people who will be making our laws in 30 years, and their mindset will still be the same.
It's unsettling, but I do my part to engage with them to the extent they are willing to have a rational discussion about the subject. Sometimes they get pretty squirmy when they back themselves into a corner, but if they are intelligent enough, they'll question why they feel so uncomfortable about their own ideas.

I am hearing from a couple people on campus that they believe that banning campus carry would prevent gun violence and that allowing campus carry would result in people shooting each other in the classroom. None of them could show any evidence that something like that would actually happen. The saddest part is these people are so book smart but living in their own little bubbles.

Maybe I sub-conciously surround myself with like minded people, but surprisingly almost all the students in the Kennesaw science department that I've discussed it with this week think it's awesome. No sane person could really follow that logic. What worries me most is negligent discharge. I've had a gun in my hand since I could hold one, my parents and family were hard a**es on gun safety from the time I was old enough to understand. No one in the family used safes at that time so it was essential, I mean real hard a**es about it. I still had a negligent discharge at 21 or 22 right in my parents front yard. Accidents happen quickly with a lack of attention. Thats what worries me, theres plenty of well intentioned idiots out there who have never held a gun until they got their ccw. Not to mention tacti cool rambo ready to whip out his piece at the first sign of danger because in reality he's scared of a physical confrontation. Those are just hypotheticals though, all in all its a win good sane people of the state.

Maybe I sub-conciously surround myself with like minded people, but surprisingly almost all the students in the Kennesaw science department that I've discussed it with this week think it's awesome. No sane person could really follow that logic. What worries me most is negligent discharge. I've had a gun in my hand since I could hold one, my parents and family were hard a**es on gun safety from the time I was old enough to understand. No one in the family used safes at that time so it was essential, I mean real hard a**es about it. I still had a negligent discharge at 21 or 22 right in my parents front yard. Accidents happen quickly with a lack of attention. Thats what worries me, theres plenty of well intentioned idiots out there who have never held a gun until they got their ccw.

Absolute Muzzle Control will minimize the results of a ND.

Absolute Muzzle Control will minimize the results of a ND.
Yes sir! When I had mine it made the difference in a bullet in the grass versus property damage or worse. Theres no amount of gun safety that makes it less embarrassing though. Hands down the most embarrassed I've ever been in front my old man in 25 years. :doh:
Maybe someone can convince the schools to hold voluntary gun handling and safety classes. It could possibly even get more people involved who have never got that gun they wanted because they didn't grow up around them and don't know where to start.

To be honest, my junior and senior year of high school I carried and ASP baton and knife. I didn't carry a pistol becuase I couldn't afford one.

Late 1960's Dekalb County Public schools, we routinely had our small game guns in our cars. We would have had deer rifles if there had been any deers.

Charles Salter, noted outdoor writer, wrote about hunting ducks in Sandy Creek, walking to campus, and putting his shotgun in the corner during class while he attended class in his hunting togs.. Deal is full of it

When I went off the college, I carried my top of the line $29.95 "sporterized Mauser" in a soft case and stored it in the overhead bins of the plane. Then the highjackings started, and I had to hand it to the pilot, who kept it in the cockpit, and handed it back to me when we landed. At school, I left it in the Dean's office, and picked it up whenever i wanted it.

Later, at UGA, my next door neighbor was getting a Master's Degree in agriculture, and we would get invited to go have rat shoots at the famous dairy barn on river road-with .22's.

Deal is full of it.

Yup. Late 70s I got my high school varsity and JV letters on the rifle team.

Our school didn't have a range in it, but most of the others we competed against did. We'd all walk into a school in the Boston area with bolt action 22s slung over our shoulders at least once a week during the school year.

I wonder if there are any rifle teams left in high schools at all anymore?

Back
Top Bottom