• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Give Away for best excuse when a Buyer Backs out or Ghosts after Agreeing to purchase...

What is the worst excuse you have had from a buyer who backs out after committing to purchase?

• Gots to Check with the wife..

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Spent the money on Tacos..

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Too Far..

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Say it cheaper somewhere else.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Bought one allready

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other (Description Please)!

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
45 minutes LATE after a few excusses for being late and you want to offer a electronic transfer NOW as payment when you couldnt withdraw the cash?

The rest of the Story
I had a meet set up on Saturday afternoon @2pm, seller with very good 200ish feedback. I like to double check the day of since it had been a few days i sent a pm confirming that he would be there. Reponse was immediate. All is good. 1:30 he texts saying he is having to go into the bank as he cant get funds out of the atm and will be 5-10 mimutes late. Hell, that happens and I am guilty of hitting the atm at the last moment as well.

2:20 I am sitting at the meet spot and crickets, I text him and got a immediate response that he was next at the bank and will be there in 5 Minutes.

2:45 I Text again as I am seeing red! The Sellers replies he couldnt get $500 cash out and would I accept some money app for the payment?
And He was still on the way 10 minutes away!

Cant get the money from the bank at walmart?

2 hours before the meet.
I decided to sell to someone else for asking price, hope you understand.
Sorry if I have to put my family first, but i needed the cash more then the trade.
Then: remove the negative feedback or I’ll contact your mod friends!! You ******* ****

Had a guy offer to buy something pictured in a package deal for his similar weapon. Parts weren’t even posted for sale separately. Doesn’t know the generation of his weapon or if it will even fit. I go do the research for him and give him the part number to make it work on his gun. He comes back asking for a link to the part. I send links. This goes round and around for a week, before he decides it’s too far to drive to buy something I wasn’t even selling in the first place. No worries I can ship it. Cash app venmo PayPal or Zelle. Send him all 4 options on links Goes completely silent after that for 2-3 days. I contact them again and he’s got a list of excuses.

Oh I bought another gun and used that money.

It would be irresponsible to spend more after I checked my bank account.

I’ve got a family to feed and that $120 would prevent that.

I don’t get paid again for 3 weeks. So take the parts out of the package you were selling save them for me and I’ll buy them then.

I had to turn around when the tranny started making noises
rs_600x600-130722114418-600.MileyCyrus.mh.072213.jpg

Back
Top Bottom