• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Give Away for best excuse when a Buyer Backs out or Ghosts after Agreeing to purchase...

What is the worst excuse you have had from a buyer who backs out after committing to purchase?

• Gots to Check with the wife..

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Spent the money on Tacos..

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Too Far..

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Say it cheaper somewhere else.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Bought one allready

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other (Description Please)!

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Stop texting each other and it solves a lot of the actual hassle. You get enough bad feedbacks it will catch up to you.

The trader that posts the lmt stuff all the time has some of the hottest stuff in the land but I won't give him the time of day because so many of you have given him 10 second chances and shown me there's no hope for some. Ill pay the taxes over the headache

The TAB is a School, the SCROLL is a way of Life.

My thoughts are that he has a TAB

So many good ones............this site used to be "Cream of the crop". Now it seems like if they can't lowball you or you don't BID enough you get ZERO response.

General stories from ODT

• You get super quick responses then they just die when you want to schedule a meet.
  • Send messages for item, seller will NOT respond ever (very common)
  • You see somebody with a 400 item (Avg) asking 800. You offer 375 and no response (it was a fair offer not a lowball)
  • You have Item say it retails for 600+, your asking 400 (looks new), you will get offers for 200 or just people saying they can't pay your price, but will NOT offer a price they will pay (super weird)
  • Lot of people with good feedback and 1/2 negatives actually a lot of times should have a lot more......and are not great to deal with.
  • Constant flakes/ghosts on PM.
  • You send reasonable trades (no response EVER)
  • Tons of questions like will this ABC fit this (easy google answer) no it won't......why did you message me without googling?

Story today (not from the ODT, but FB)

Person has a item I want.
I ask them if we can meet.
yes.
I ask can you meet me here, they say no, no car (first warning sign)
They give me a location they can meet (Gas station)
I say if I come right now (i'm X distance away), can you meet? yes
I drive straight their.
Say I'm here......
after 10 mins oh Its going to be a bit......ok how long?
45 mins lol
I left have not heard back

People are very inconsiderate to others...........

I'm not perfect, but try very hard to treat others as I want to be treated.

Back
Top Bottom