• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Government Attempting to Exhaust Ammo Supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a guy who has purchased 15000 rounds of 7n6 5.45 ammo in the last two months. One guy, this doesn't count the 5.56, 22LR and handgun ammo he has purchased. Why has he purxhased so much? Because he shoot alot? Nope, he probably doesn't shoot 100 rounds a year. He is scares he won't be able to find it anymore. Now multiply that one guy by 100 million. That's why you can't find ammo.

Me either. Let's assume many people are running out to the stores and buying up all the ammo they can. 1. They are hoarding for the future. 2. They are reselling it for whatever profit they can get. If it's 2, then the supply is still there. Right? You don't have to buy it but it's still for sale, somewhere. At a flea market, online, roadside, or wherever but the supply is still there.

That's true. I think more people are buying as well. I'm seeing more newbies at the range these days than I ever have before. Which I think is great.

Rep Paul Braun of Augusta was on a local call in show today and took several calls about the Homeland Security buying a kazillion rounds and he said he is aware of the rumor but said it isn't true...that they are actually buying less ammo this year

Ammo is not dry...theres greedy idiots out there going to walmart and going online selling white box winchester for example for double the price!! THATS WHATS HURTING THE GUN COMMUNITY

Horders and Flippers... Also foreign ammo is filling the gaps. The last purchases I've made were Isreali IMI 5.56, Tula .223, Priv 9mm, Australian 5.56. Before now I'd never seen IMI or Assui surplus here.

Gun guys like myself are buying ammo when we see it, got 400rds of .22 and 80rds of 5.56. I'm not trying to sell it but I shoot alot so I buy what I can when I find it

I have a hard time believing after 4 months since Sandy Hook, ammo is this hard to find. I get people are hoarding and buying it up when it comes available, but only few boxes are getting put out at a time. Then I read police departments are having a hard time getting it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom