Gun safe input?

I picked up the Cannon Wide Body from Tractor Supply yesterday too. For $700 it seemed like the best deal that was going to pop up this year. Took two guys to get it in the truck and 4 to get it out though. They were offering rain checks on them too if they were out of stock so that was nice. I have a second on back order. :)

I heard they were going to rain check them if they ran out. Nice of them. Hard to pass on $300 savings on such a great safe.

They had a 24 gun Winchester in the ad for $549 but half the size and when in the store I looked and didn't like how much play was in the doors of the Winchesters. You could wiggle the door a good 1/4 inch in and out when locked. As for capacity, I only have half a dozen long guns but I wanted room to grow. And I wanted room for the wifes jewelry, my silver, the laptops, documents from the safe deposit box(which I can now close) and much of my ammo. Since the height of the gun rest usually doesn't work well for AR/AK style guns I will probably boos them with a level of ammo cans to maximize my storage.

I didn't look at the link before looking my comment. I was going by what they had when I purchased mine. The cannon they had was about 8-10"s taller and about 4" narrower. If they had the one you bought in stock, i would have picked it up. I just didn't like the elastic on the door organizer.

I picked up the Cannon Wide Body from Tractor Supply yesterday too. For $700 it seemed like the best deal that was going to pop up this year. Took two guys to get it in the truck and 4 to get it out though. They were offering rain checks on them too if they were out of stock so that was nice. I have a second on back order. :)

You know these will be more obvious than your previous storage. I didn't even pay them any attention til you showed me.:D

Yeah, I like the pockets in the winchester better but for $200 more the cannon was tweice as wide and the door just seems so much tighter in the frame. The Winchester door frame did have a bit better finish where the locking bolts slide though. The inner lip on the Cannon seems unfinished in comparison.

Cannon has a pretty nice warranty to it though.

We believe that purchasing a safe is one of the best investments you’ll
ever make and that your decision is a permanent one. We believe a warranty
should provide hassle-free NO COST repair or replacement after a flood,
attempted break-in, actual break-in or potential fire disaster. Yes, you
read that correctly. We are the ONLY safe company to offer FREE parts,
FREE labor, and FREE freight for repair of your safe after a burglary,
flood or fire FOR THE LIFETIME OF THE SAFE.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/wcssto...s/products/ProdContentPDFs/CannonWarranty.pdf

Got the same big a** Canon wide body safe.
Nice guy at TS loaded it up with a forklift and I unloaded it by myself.
I rolled it down from my truck very gently while still in the cardboard box, then I rolled it w/ some electrical conduits pieces.
No scratches and it was a piece of cake.:pop2:

Last edited:
Got the same big a** Canon wide body safe.
Nice guy at TS loaded it up with a forklift and I unloaded it by myself.
I rolled it down from my truck very gently while still in the cardboard box, then I rolled it w/ some electrical conduits pieces.
No scratches and it was a piece of cake.:pop2:

580 lbs...Youze a MAN! LOL!

Back
Top Bottom