• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun serial check at Lawrenceville Police Dept.

The number should not be run over over the phone. Again, the item should be in hand (in the hand of the person running the numbers).

How is the item going to be seized if it hits with the numbers being run over the phone?
how would someone know whether or not they were buying stolen property?

if its just a query to see if a hit is produced (and not reporting it stolen), why the flying ****ing hell do they need to have the gun in hand?

Generally speaking, cops are assholes (IME). They don't get paid to be your neighborhood friendly law encyclopedia.

.....criminal doesn't care if the gun is stolen, the crime will still proceed, but the law sbiding citizens do care.

This is like the same frame of mind where people think the criminal invading the home has Rights, sues for slipping or some other BS,
the Rights flew out the door when they entered in unlawfully, Period.

Last edited:
.....criminal cares if the gun is stolen, the crime will still proceed, but the law sbiding citizens do.

This is like the same frame of mind where people think the criminal invading the home has Rights, sues for slipping or some other BS,
the Rights flew out the door when they entered in unlawfully, Period.
not the entering part, its booby traps which are illegal because "first responders" could trip them off

What's wrong with a frienfly @$$ hole???
...and going to the station wasn't doing encylipedia research. Laws change to frequent to be an @$$ hole about it.
i think what he is saying is cops dont look like this anymore and havent for a long, long time (well i cant ever remember police being really the good guys (not bad guys either, more neutral to me)

img2.timeinc.net_people_i_2012_news_120716_andy_griffith_2_300.jpg

^^^^ go Ole Andy, look at that smile...lol

Hey BTW, was traveling though Lawerenceville last night and was pulled over, my right front headlight was acting funny, we got out and popped it and it came back on. Officer did the normal ID check etc and after all cleared he was very nice and even jolly friendly, was a Pleasant surprise, couldn't see his badge # or name but he drives cruiser #184, someone on the force go pat him on the back, truly a great representation of the dept, probably will call up there too :usa2:

Never dealt with the LPD. They probably have a lot on their plate.

A lot of donuts!! j/k

A Gwinnett police officer was friendly the one time I've been stopped:

Used to commute from Henry county up to 316 each day for work. One particular morning I was in a hurry, so decided to jump into the (then) HOV lane on I85 to bypass all the traffic on right by getting onto 316 via HOV ramp. I saw the police car up to the far right, but didn't figure he'd take notice of my car well on the other side. No traffic on the left exit. Hit about 110 on the overpass, put some distance between us, and slowed down before he came into view.
Long story short, he did notice me when I was a ways behind him and across many lanes of traffic. First thing he said, "Man, you had to be hauling ass..." Then he asked if I had a gun in the car, to which I replied "I think so, try to keep one on hand".. he had mistaken a visible box of matches in the car for ammo. Never checked or asked me to step out, no tickets, and just a verbal warning to stay out of the HOV when driving alone.

Huge props for that guy for his awareness of surroundings and details!

Now I wonder if maybe he just didn't want to go through the trouble of running a firearm serial. :pop2:

Back
Top Bottom