• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun shop shootout in Miss.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-a-father-and-son-after-argument-over-25-fee/

It's situations like this that fuel groups like MOMS DEMAND ACTION, and governmental pushes towards gun control. I have no idea what ensued during the argument but in most cases, it only takes one person to escalate a situation to violence. A couple of things that I take from this article (this is what I ASSUME based on what I read):

1.) The folks working at the gun store were not 'prepared', maybe it was just a lack of situational awareness, or maybe the customers came in with an agenda that caught them off-guard, but it doesn't seem that they were prepared to use the weapons that they sold/carried. (just an assumption)

2.) Stupidity never ceases to amaze me, I can't imagine a situation where I would consider escalating a situation to taking a life over being charged an undue $25 fee, or $250 fee, or $2500 fee. Human life is worth more than that.
On your point #2 No One has said it was over an "UNDUE $25 fee". Maybe they just Refused to pay a Diagnostic, repair fee, maybe something else all together. Fact is Sheriff says Un-repaired weapon, News says the weapon was repaired. A lot of places have a "Minimum Charge" for servicing or checking weapons whether it gets repaired or not. Need more facts, as usual everybody pointing the finger of Blame, and making assumptions before the "Real Facts" come out. The only "real facts" right now are 2 dead, 2 wounded over an argument.

Last edited:
This is the kind of garbage that we'll be reading about for decades in the media... every time they want to show how 'irresponsible' gun owners are.

im sure there is a video of the incident. All gun shops have camaras.two families forever destroyed over pride, temper or whatever. Ive worked with customers who are set on being confrontational no matter what. Its important to learn to de escalate situations before it gets out of hand especially if my son was with me. Its just tragic.

Back
Top Bottom