• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun snobs are tiring

Deawoo came into the market in the late 90's. There cars MSRP was 12,500 to 18,000. Needless to say the didn't fair well over here. At the very end of there run you could buy a loaded higher end model ,( if there was one ) we sold for 3,500. We got paid 1000 bucks just to move them. I was having a crappy month and sold 4 in one day on the last day of the month. 4 cars = 4 grand LOL. I always managed to pull it out somehow at the end of the month. They still make great big equipment like tractors, back hoes and the likes.

It might have a Festiva. It's been so long ago I am not exactly sure. I was a Auto Parts store manager and I remember joking around that the brake pads were like 100 bucks a set and the pads cost more than the car. It was late eighties.
Literally paid $100.00 for my first running and driving Festiva back in 2011. It had bad brakes at the time so yeah it would run fine. The stopping part was the problem. Soon as my landlord saw it he had to have it. Every body panel was dented. He paid me my $100.00 back fixed the brakes snatched the rear seat out and drove it all over Houston Co for the next 5 years loaded up with tools. Clark Howard would be proud.

Literally paid $100.00 for my first running and driving Festiva back in 2011. It had bad brakes at the time so yeah it would run fine. The stopping part was the problem. Soon as my landlord saw it he had to have it. Every body panel was dented. He paid me my $100.00 back fixed the brakes snatched the rear seat out and drove it all over Houston Co for the next 5 years loaded up with tools. Clark Howard would be proud.
my nigga.gif

Deawoo came into the market in the late 90's. There cars MSRP was 12,500 to 18,000. Needless to say the didn't fair well over here. At the very end of there run you could buy a loaded higher end model ,( if there was one ) we sold for 3,500. We got paid 1000 bucks just to move them. I was having a crappy month and sold 4 in one day on the last day of the month. 4 cars = 4 grand LOL. I always managed to pull it out somehow at the end of the month.
4 units in a day?! That's lije a hat trick plus 1. When I started selling Toyotas in 94 that would have been $100.00 each CASH ffom the GM's pocket PLUS a dice roll and probably an eight ball of blow.

4 units in a day?! That's lije a hat trick plus 1. When I started selling Toyotas in 94 that would have been $100.00 each CASH ffom the GM's pocket PLUS a dice roll and probably an eight ball of blow.
100 is what we called s minny. I hated selling new card. You worked your ass of for beans. When I started we had a kick ass used car manager that got us real nice used cars. I would only sell 8 or 9 cars and make 5 to 7000 bucks. I had to pay 250 for the demo but who cares making that money. I did that easy. This was from 98 to 9/11 when the market plunged. Then the same greedy bastard I had worked for in 1993 came from The Dome (!Marietta Dodge ) came in and watered down the used car lot forcing us to sell new. They made a killing while the salesmen starved to death. Half the sales force quit after he came in. I hung in there for a while but after 9/11 I left. The car market went to crap.
In stead of making the 20% of the profit we did make he averaged all the used cars profits out so you couldn't make anything in them. That's what I made my bread and butter on was used cars. When you average the profit across the lot you make the same on each car. So if they dumped a ton of money on a used car that killed the rest of them. So forcing the sales crew to hit 12 to 15 cars and hit unit bonuses to make any money at all. When before you could sell 8 to 10 cars a month and make a killing. Some cars had 4 grand profit in them. That was 800 for one car. I could hold gross on used cars let me tell you.

100 is what we called s minny. I hated selling new card. You worked your ass of for beans. When I started we had a kick ass used car manager that got us real nice used cars. I would only sell 8 or 9 cars and make 5 to 7000 bucks. I had to pay 250 for the demo but who cares making that money. I did that easy. This was from 98 to 9/11 when the market plunged. Then the same greedy bastard I had worked for in 1993 came from The Dome (!Marietta Dodge ) came in and watered down the used car lot forcing us to sell new. They made a killing while the salesmen starved to death. Half the sales force quit after he came in. I hung in there for a while but after 9/11 I left. The car market went to crap.
In stead of making the 20% of the profit we did make he averaged all the used cars profits out so you couldn't make anything in them. That's what I made my bread and butter on was used cars. When you average the profit across the lot you make the same on each car. So if they dumped a ton of money on a used car that killed the rest of them. So forcing the sales crew to hit 12 to 15 cars and hit unit bonuses to make any money at all. When before you could sell 8 to 10 cars a month and make a killing. Some cars had 4 grand profit in them. That was 800 for one car. I could hold gross on used cars let me tell you.
Damn! Seems like I've read and heard all this before. Around middle GA Five Star is the sweat shop operation that owns most of the new lots. They hire new folks "Green Peas" on every single month. They get them to sell all their friends and family for a month or two. Next thing you know they're blowing them out and hiring more chumps. Worse than that if they have some old guys that have managed to stick it out for a while it doesn't matter. The managers will pack the sales floor with 3 to 4 times the people they need. More lines in the water, right?
And yeah, I always hated selling new cars. All that brain damage back and forth bull**** for a $100.00 deal. You gotta sell a LOT of those every week to make a living. And it's not possible. Never was.
At one time I loved the bidness. But every time I went back it was so much worse. Haven't been in it since 2012. Won't go back. Donated all my suits and ties to an animal welfare thrift store in Darien about 5 years ago.

Damn! Seems like I've read and heard all this before. Around middle GA Five Star is the sweat shop operation that owns most of the new lots. They hire new folks "Green Peas" on every single month. They get them to sell all their friends and family for a month or two. Next thing you know they're blowing them out and hiring more chumps. Worse than that if they have some old guys that have managed to stick it out for a while it doesn't matter. The managers will pack the sales floor with 3 to 4 times the people they need. More lines in the water, right?
And yeah, I always hated selling new cars. All that brain damage back and forth bull**** for a $100.00 deal. You gotta sell a LOT of those every week to make a living. And it's not possible. Never was.
At one time I loved the bidness. But every time I went back it was so much worse. Haven't been in it since 2012. Won't go back. Donated all my suits and ties to an animal welfare thrift store in Darien about 5 years ago.
That's right on the money!

Back
Top Bottom