• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun vise

Sub'd. I have the the regular Tipton but it sucks when you have flip it around to work on the other side of the gun, essentially working from the "back" side. I'd love to find one that will hold the rifle pointing in either direction without moving the whole vise.

I have that one, I caught it on sale at Midway USA for much less than what Amazon is selling it for.
It works but I find myself using a bench vise and block or the Geissele action rod for ARs.

I have that one, I caught it on sale at Midway USA for much less than what Amazon is selling it for.
It works but I find myself using a bench vise and block or the Geissele action rod for ARs.

Sturdy enough for mounting scopes on bolt guns? I wont be using it often if any for ARs.

You get what you pay for. If you have a good vise, I would probably just get a decent barrel block for most work. That's what I do at least. Have a reaction rod, bev block and upper vise block as well and can take care of just about anything I want to do.

This is what I have on my gun table now. Works great for anything I have needed and being able to tip things to any angle has proved to be extremely valuable.

http://www.harborfreight.com/5-inch-multi-purpose-vise-67415.html

Should be sturdy enough to mount & level optics. I did some work on a couple of Remington 870's and it held up.
But the vise I use most is actually the one ReservoirDawg10 ReservoirDawg10 linked to above, which I also got on sale...hey, I'm not cheap, I just like to save a buck.

Yea once I have a permanent work bench setup made ill definitely go that route but for now i need something somewhat portable. Probably just going to roll the dice on the Tipton for now

Yea once I have a permanent work bench setup made ill definitely go that route but for now i need something somewhat portable. Probably just going to roll the dice on the Tipton for now
What kind of portable? Just to throw out of the way or take to the range? You can always mount the vise on a board and either use c clamps to hold it down or a simple rail lock system.

What kind of portable? Just to throw out of the way or take to the range? You can always mount the vise on a board and either use c clamps to hold it down or a simple rail lock system.

That may be the ticket. Id like to be able to take it with me to the range. Having it mounted to a board should work though as I normally bring a folding table along that i could then clamp the board to

Back
Top Bottom