• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Gun will shoot its own hole out its a tack driver

No. The point the OP was making is that a certain members posts stock rifles for sell and every single one is claimed to make one hole only. You want groups? Go to the Shamrock Nationals in Dublin, GA.

I no! Gotcha, I'm just trying to calm down the bleacher crowd before someone gets upset and I have to close the thread, which I don't want to do at this point.

I no! Gotcha, I'm just trying to calm down the bleacher crowd before someone gets upset and I have to close the thread, which I don't want to do at this point.
Don't do that! I'm thinking of hosting a contest, $50 entry fee, winner takes $500 home and proves his rifle is a 'one holer'. I'll make up a challenge coin, trophies, we'll have BBQ, it'll be awesome! Smack talking, shooting and lip smacking!

Don't do that! I'm thinking of hosting a contest, $50 entry fee, winner takes $500 home and proves his rifle is a 'one holer'. I'll make up a challenge coin, trophies, we'll have BBQ, it'll be awesome! Smack talking, shooting and lip smacking!

Lol, how many do you think would show up? I'm guessing just you, the bbq cook, ah heck guess I'll be there !

"Gauntlet thrown"

Hardly,He said basically any factory rifle,a rest,any local range.no measured distance mentioned till now the so called standard of 100 yards

My rifle a Factory Remington 40x in .22 cal,my rest a Pappas,my local range.The Indoor/Outdoor range at Chickenfoot in Cedartown where we just had the National Indoors for Rimfire Benchrest match,see my avatar,thats 2 shots on 1 target at 50 yards in a 5/8th inch inner ring,got a big fat 0 in points as it was an accidental double .I've had dozens of 1 hole shots at 50 yards as it wasn't specified what distance to shoot,Never knew 100 was a standard in anything but "Football" for scoring.The ultimate palmetto was referring to will shoot a nice group at 100 but not a 1 hole group,or maybe it will,it will all go into 1 ragged hole at that range with as others have stated with the right load,but it's neither a factory rifle or stock.The 40X is as configured from the factory.The problem with a 1 holer from a rimfire is conditions and the wind,can be done on a calm day with great ammo.Mary Stidworthy Sparling still holds the 40 bulls record for consecutive shots made in a bullseye from 100 yards set way back in the 80's if I recall correctly with a Remington 37,another rimfire that I also have.Might have to break her out an see what she's capable of outdoors to see if I can take up your outdoor challenge,off a few sandbags to quell your fears about the rest (clutchin mah pearls),lol

But PalmettoMoon and Big Tim are correct any rifle usually can make a ragged hole and the OP is correct lots of folks makin claims that may or may not be substantiated. I can substantiate my claim of a factory rifle used,but at 50 yards,possibly 100,really never tried it much except when I was younger and shot elsewhere in the country with peep sights and 3P competitons with youthful eyesight

" Mary Stidworthy Sparling set the most recent record in 1987 when she shot a 400-40X, with an additional 40Xs, in the anysight Dewar. This record is made all the more impressive by the fact that the rules require that a record breaking attempt at a mixed ranges directs that the additional shots must be fired at the longer distance"

Was Marys record a 1 holer,I think had they been overlayed a ragged 1 holer would have been shown as you have to hit the X which is very small,This was done shooting in a prone position with peep sights and a factory Remington 37 Targetmaster btw

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 10
All I got is a Rem model 7 paper thin barrel but I'd play. ;)

Back
Top Bottom