• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gunbroker

What's more, once you know who the gun store is, you can just call them up and sometimes get a better price.

Sellers fees on GB are significant, and most sellers are happy to dicker a little bit for an immediate, commission-free sale.
I will remember that, I was on there a few nights ago trying to find a Browning Cynergy and I was hoping to find a good condition used gun but I found nothing but new dealer listings

I will remember that, I was on there a few nights ago trying to find a Browning Cynergy and I was hoping to find a good condition used gun but I found nothing but new dealer listings

There's another 'trick' you can use. Find the UPC for the model of gun you're looking for, and then use that UPC as your search via Google or equivalent.

Even today, there are lots and lots of gun dealers who have their inventory online, but aren't affiliated with guns.com etc. UPCs never change, and quite often, even a small mom and pop firearms store will end up indexed, and with a bit of digging you can often find what you want at a reasonable price - lower than the search engines.

Anecdote - Henry Big Boy X's are still selling at a premium on their MSRP of $1200. Using that technique above, I managed to pick one up for $875 about 3 months ago.

Edit: Cynergy CX 12 with 3" chamber, 30" has a UPC of 023614440840. In less than 5 mins I now know (unsurprisingly) that it's out of stock via gun.deals, impactguns.com, grabagun.com, palmettostatearmory.com and (hahahaha) cheaperthandirt.com.

However, guns.com has the 28in barrel, UPC 023614679172. Silly money though. Since it's guns.com though, you know that there's a dealer out there somewhere, who wants to sell that gun - because that's how guns.com works. They're a middle-man with a markup on the seller's price AND charges a fee to the seller.

Everytime I check gun broker they dont have anything except dealers selling new guns that I can buy for the same price at the local gun store and not wait on shipping. What am I doing wrong?
Like any auction site, you have to be patient and search. All the new fees and taxes spoil it, but I've found some reasonable buys over the years. Not sold anything there for a long time.

I miss the "good ol days" when 90% of GunBroker was average folks cleaning out their safes (I got plenty of good deals back in the day) and even eBay had good deals on anything not "serialized", you know before they became "woke".....

I've been on GB since it first appeared on line. Back when local FFL brick and mortars like myself were first confronted with on line sales. I haven't bought or sold much there since pre covid. So about 6 weeks ago I wanted to list an item and I was blocked from doing so because I do not have any electronic payment system in place, yet alone the one, or style I was being instructed to provide. They have my credit card number on file and that should be good enough. Even though the parent company is also an ammo manufacturer, their GB business model is quickly beginning to resemble that of E-bay. After that I would have sold all of my stock holding in the company, but right now I'm getting 8% return on my investment. Once that stops I'll sell my position. And charging the buyer a fee is just flat out bull crap.

Gunbroker is great for hard to find guns. I do more selling on there than buying though.

When I sell an old beat up 9 shot 22lr revolver for $700 to some boomer in North Dakota that wouldn't sell for $150 in Georgia I really don't care what fees they charge me :lol:

It's a seller's market.
100% correct and 95% of the poors here on the ODT will never understand it.

If you have something with real market appeal, gunjoker is your best bet for maximum return unless you're near an auction house that has two "I've got the biggest dick in this town" bidders who constantly go at each other driving prices through the stratosphere.

Back
Top Bottom