• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Harassing people who open carry

great... more abuse by the fuzz. Thankfully its not that bad in Georgia... yet

The verbal abuse the Philly PD unloaded on the guy during the stop shows an extreme lack of professionalism. And now the government is retaliating against him, many weeks later, with "disporderly/reckless" charges, as apparent retribution for posting the audio on Youtube. Stories like this make me think some of these local governments are so badly run, the innevitable result can only be the departments under them become nests for the most marginal public servants.

The verbal abuse the Philly PD unloaded on the guy during the stop shows an extreme lack of professionalism. And now the government is retaliating against him, many weeks later, with "disporderly/reckless" charges, as apparent retribution for posting the audio on Youtube. Stories like this make me think some of these local governments are so badly run, the innevitable result can only be the departments under them become nests for the most marginal public servants.

yeah and you will see it in larger cities more often. You simply just cant manage the turnover in the LE field when you employ and must maintain thousands of officers. When you get that large, you cant hold formal meetings efficiently... directives and policy/law updates probably go out via email or a memo by the water cooler. Essentially, I know what I do with most "FYI" emails I get... The get deleted or ignored.

New Orleans, a while back, fired a large percentage of the police department during a radical restructuring because the corruption ran too deep for IA to weed out the bad apples. That needs to happen every once in a while to all large metropolitan police agencies. You simply cant screen and monitor that many people. Even if you could, you would still have to hire many of the less desirable/marginal people simply to maintain the necessary cop/civilian ratio to maintain order.

Last edited:
The LE in philly is a compilation of welfare to work moms ,racist cops,drug dealer personall protection cops and a minority of good cops..
I have 3 cousins on the force up there and they don't like it at all

I just posted a very funny, but heated post at georgiapacking.org about why People give Cops a hard time about OC'ing in response to several posts. It was to prove a point that it goes both ways, if people give cops a hard time then the cop will probably do the same thing and vice versa. Neither attitude is correct, but professionalism amongst all is what will stop this and when cops and citizens are knowledgeable on the laws, then it is even better.

I do not open carry, I prefer concealed as to surprise the perp as much as he tried to surprise me. However, If everyone open carried, how quickly do you think crime would go down ?

Back
Top Bottom