• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Harassing people who open carry

Why the f would I wanna cc?? I mean I have a kimber, why the hell would i hide my beautiful piece? I like to thow that thing on my hip with the most revealinasg holster I can find and walk into victorias secret, bath and body works, asian massage parlors, and yoga classes. You should see the responses I get. It's like walking into a bar and flashing cash and drinks to the girls after you step out of a lambo, they hop into my aveo and it's back to my place. :)

Every encounter I have ever had (3) with Philly police have been negative. They are know it all, thugs, that need a complete house cleaning. All 3 episodes I or rather my company car was the victim. Keyed, hit & run, and a break in with a stolen o`scope, tools all of which were never recovered or any update reports from the local jokeres... I was prevented to carry while on the job so I couldn't have done much in any cases. Total waste of taxes

Last edited:
I open carry on occasion for several reasons.

1. Its more comfortable and easier to get to.

2. Its a good way to educate the public IF you do it responsibly. Any time you open carry you are representing all gun owners. If you act like you are 10ft tall and the baddest MFer on the planet then most people will see you as some right wing nutjob who is a poster child for stronger gun control. If you act as you normally would and are extremely polite and courteous to people (esp in answering the question, "why do you have a gun?") then it can have the opposite effect. They will see you as a normal, friendly person who just so happens to carry a gun.

I actually posted the youtube video of this encounter a few months ago, and interestingly enough the consensus on ODT was that the cops were doing their job and the guy was a jackass, because apparently philly is a ****hole, ergo everyone deserves to be treated as a criminal.

Back
Top Bottom