Harley riders beware of killer creek

Dang. Never would have thought a roadking would be cheaper than a BMW or especially not a kwak.
I am talking police bike packages..........I am sure a Cow equivalent to the Road King is much less when not kitted up for police work. That, and the police road kings a pretty cheap too compared to a standard road king. I think they currently run about $12,000 for the base police bike that comes ready to roll after the rear trunk/radio/light box and radio and cameras are mounted.

Dang. Never would have thought a roadking would be cheaper than a BMW or especially not a kwak.

BMW's are stupid expensive to buy and maintain. Kow is the only major Japanese manufactured bike I've never owned, I've ridden them and they were nice but they're a little too proud of their parts and labor. I literally have never had a single problem with the Honda, Suzuki or Yamaha bikes I've owned other than going through a lot of freakin' tires. Why can't they make a motorcycle tire that'll last like a car tire? Lol

If I did ever buy another H-D it would definitely have to be a Road King. It's the closest thing to what I'm riding and I don't care too much for fairings even though I do like my windshield and I absolutely HATE radios & crap like that on a bike. When I ride I only want to hear my pipes and the wind, when I ride with my son he keeps his radio turned down so I don't have to hear it, radios defeat the purpose of riding a bike in my opinion. YMMV.....
Riding with a windshield is a "I ain't never going back to one without" experience!

BMW's are stupid expensive to buy and maintain. Kow is the only major Japanese manufactured bike I've never owned, I've ridden them and they were nice but they're a little too proud of their parts and labor. I literally have never had a single problem with the Honda, Suzuki or Yamaha bikes I've owned other than going through a lot of freakin' tires. Why can't they make a motorcycle tire that'll last like a car tire? Lol

Maintenence eats my dad's lunch but he is on his second BMW. Both of themail have been considerably cheaper to buy than a goldwing. Not sure anyone else makes a comparable bike, so they have always seamed cheap to me.

I've owned Harleys, BMWs, Hondas, Yamahas, and a couple Kawasakis. The kawasaki has been my favorite thus far.

I am talking police bike packages..........I am sure a Cow equivalent to the Road King is much less when not kitted up for police work. That, and the police road kings a pretty cheap too compared to a standard road king. I think they currently run about $12,000 for the base police bike that comes ready to roll after the rear trunk/radio/light box and radio and cameras are mounted.

Dang! A civilian Road King is like 20k plus out the door.

Riding with a windshield is a "I ain't never going back to one without" experience!

Lol! Ain't that the damn truth. I do take mine off occasionally cause I like the way the bike handles without it but also the wind is so freakin' loud I end up putting it back on. It keeps those damn bugs & bees off of me. Last time I took off the windshield I got the hell stung out of me by a damn bee, right above my left nipple! OUCH DAMMIT! Lol!

If car tires had a contact patch the size of a bikes and rolled left and right as well as front to back you would be replacing them every 3000 miles too.

Dang! A civilian Road King is like 20k plus out the door.

Lol! Ain't that the damn truth. I do take mine off occasionally cause I like the way the bike handles without it but also the wind is so freakin' loud I end up putting it back on. It keeps those damn bugs & bees off of me. Last time I took off the windshield I got the hell stung out of me by a damn bee, right above my left nipple! OUCH DAMMIT! Lol!
Quoted for the TRUTH! Ride from here to Panama City without a windshield and your ears will ring for days, and I won't be because of loud pipes or traffic noise!

If car tires had a contact patch the size of a bikes and rolled left and right as well as front to back you would be replacing them every 3000 miles too.
I actually wore out a brand new run flat HD rear tire in 1500 miles, but there was a little more going on that normal use. Took a little butt chewing for that one, lol.

I bought a HD and a ninja two weeks apart last year. The HD has had every bolt locktited twice in that time. The ninja has not.

Parts that have fallen off the HD.

1. Forward Controls (on the way home from buying it)
2. Kickstand assembly (last week)

Parts that have fallen off the ninja.

1. Nothing

I have also put 5 times the miles on the Ninja during this time.

People love the angry sewing machines. I just can't bring myself to understand the draw.

NWS speaks the truth here. I was with him when he bought the HD! Before he even got close to home riding the HD it broke down! But to be fair it was a used bike. He worked on it, dealership also, my point being be careful when you buy anything used, go over with the proverbial fine tooth comb, or have someone reputable check it out.

Back
Top Bottom