Harley riders beware of killer creek

Maintenence eats my dad's lunch but he is on his second BMW. Both of themail have been considerably cheaper to buy than a goldwing. Not sure anyone else makes a comparable bike, so they have always seamed cheap to me.

I've owned Harleys, BMWs, Hondas, Yamahas, and a couple Kawasakis. The kawasaki has been my favorite thus far.

I've ridden a lot of different bikes and honestly I liked ALL of them except one, it was a hardtail chopper setup like Peter Fonda's chopper in Easy Rider, sumbitch was beautiful but that thing hurt the hell outta my back and butt and was hell to get turned around in a tight spot.

Went into the Harley dealer in Newnan a few days ago. A salesman came up and laid it on thick. told me he'd me $7,000 trade in on my 08 Anniversary Edition Custom Softail. I looked at him and told I'd NEVER buy another Harley and headed out the door. The sales manager heard it, I didn't make it 3 steps out the door before he was yelling an apology and running out after me. He offered me a whole $12k trade in "value" for my bike and then I could finance another $17K on top of that for a new one
Thing is, I wasn't looking to trade my bike on a new one, I came to buy a damn tire. Harley is a cool place to go look at inventory but not spend your hard earned cash

If car tires had a contact patch the size of a bikes and rolled left and right as well as front to back you would be replacing them every 3000 miles too.

Yep, for sure.

Quoted for the TRUTH! Ride from here to Panama City without a windshield and your ears will ring for days, and I won't be because of loud pipes or traffic noise!

Yessir, that's one of the drawbacks to wearing a half helmet/skull bucket/skid lid too.

I actually wore out a brand new run flat HD rear tire in 1500 miles, but there was a little more going on that normal use. Took a little butt chewing for that one, lol.

Dang. Lol!

NWS speaks the truth here. I was with him when he bought the HD! Before he even got close to home riding the HD it broke down! But to be fair it was a used bike. He worked on it, dealership also, my point being be careful when you buy anything used, go over with the proverbial fine tooth comb, or have someone reputable check it out.

Yep, definitely don't want something someone else has already ragged out and run to death.

Went into the Harley dealer in Newnan a few days ago. A salesman came up and laid it on thick. told me he'd me $7,000 trade in on my 08 Anniversary Edition Custom Softail. I looked at him and told I'd NEVER buy another Harley and headed out the door. The sales manager heard it, I didn't make it 3 steps out the door before he was yelling an apology and running out after me. He offered me a whole $12k trade in "value" for my bike and then I could finance another $17K on top of that for a new one
Thing is, I wasn't looking to trade my bike on a new one, I came to buy a damn tire. Harley is a cool place to go look at inventory but not spend your hard earned cash

Take it to Jere's Cycle Craft, he only works on Harleys and he knows what the heck he's doing. Been around for a LONG time for good reason. Great South has some sales people that'll make you wanna slap the taste out their mouth. Not all, but some.

GC at great south has sold my family a lot of bikes. I know a few people who use Jere's, they have always been happy with him. Also here great things about King Kustom in Fairburn. They use to have a mechanic name Mike there. Don't know if he still is, but he has worked at every local Harley dealer and been doing it for many years.

this is why i work on my own stuff...im not trying to kill myself and allowing someone else to work on your bike is sketchy at best

Truth, especially on a bike like a Harley. Literally, the only maintenance is changing the fluids. There's no valves to check or adjust, just your basic go over and make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight and you're done.

Back
Top Bottom