• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Has there ever been a bad BBQ joint thread here?

Just curious. Traveling through Dothan Friday we stopped at Dobbs for lunch. YUGE mistake. Can't believe they've been in business since 1910.

View attachment 2852472

What are some of your "Oh Hell Naw!" BBQ places?

Nonliberal keeps telling me "if you ain't ate Dobbs you ain't lived." But I don't think he meant that place...

Seems to me that people in Alabama don't know much about good BBQ to begin with so maybe they don't know any better? I mean, come on...their white sauce? You put mayonaisse on BBQ and you are out of the will. Same as ketchup on a hot dog.

Of course, I did grow up putting vinegar on mine, so people might think I'm weird, too. But they don't speak Gullah and I do.
hot slaw is the worlds best condiment for a hot dog. Fully agree on the white sauce.

Hello guys,
I have been trying to keep quiet on this subject, but as a long time member and supporter I feel now is the time. My name is Monte Erwin and I own and operate Dub’s High On The Hog BBQ and Grill in downtown Calhoun,GA.I have been in business for a little over 17 years, my website is Dubshighonthehog.com! I use fresh hickory from our family farm in the Red Bud community, we not only have smoked meats but cut our own ribeyes and filets for our grill. I invite all of you to come check us out and say hello!

Hello guys,
I have been trying to keep quiet on this subject, but as a long time member and supporter I feel now is the time. My name is Monte Erwin and I own and operate Dub’s High On The Hog BBQ and Grill in downtown Calhoun,GA.I have been in business for a little over 17 years, my website is Dubshighonthehog.com! I use fresh hickory from our family farm in the Red Bud community, we not only have smoked meats but cut our own ribeyes and filets for our grill. I invite all of you to come check us out and say hello!
Road trip!

Hello guys,
Don’t keep quiet, well maybe don’t **** on your competitors. But DO tell us where some other good spots are.

Back
Top Bottom