• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

help me buy a van

I'm also in the market for a van. I rented a new Dodge Ram 3500 (new sprinter-like body style) a few days ago, it was a complete piece of jackelope doodoo. A buddy has a '13 Sprinter and loves his, but the prices of those trucks are way too high for my tastes. I'd be interested in looking at the new Ford Transit high-tops, but again price....I just can't justify putting $35K+ into a van when I remember buying new ones for $10K all day long back in the 80s.

I'm also in the market for a van. I rented a new Dodge Ram 3500 (new sprinter-like body style) a few days ago, it was a complete piece of jackelope doodoo. A buddy has a '13 Sprinter and loves his, but the prices of those trucks are way too high for my tastes. I'd be interested in looking at the new Ford Transit high-tops, but again price....I just can't justify putting $35K+ into a van when I remember buying new ones for $10K all day long back in the 80s.

But you can get zero down and zero percent for a bunch'a months...

David_Leisure_Joe_Isuzu_Resized.jpg

Last year I got a free one owner 1996 ford 15 passenger van with 96k miles

The church that bought it new didn't want to put a fourth transmission in it at $ 1900 a pop

I pulled the engine to put in my 73 bronco , sold the wheels/tires for $300. Sold the seats for$300 for $300 for the shell at the crusher

The huge passenger vans don't bring much because they use so much gas
Most never see double digits
Usually8-9 mpg And most church insurance will no longer cover 15 passenger vans

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprinters are garbage work on them daily

They will go the distance as long as you have a huge savings account
And when they break and they will good luck getting back on road quick no one keeps much parts In stock

Promasters are nice and have a torque monster 3.6 fwd Chrysler motor and quick shift trans

Ford transits are nice but lacks power for heavy hauling

Again sprinters are garbage and I am a certified sprinter tech thru freight liner

image.jpg
image.jpg

I was gonna fix this up, but I lost interest. Transmission leaks and it's been sitting for a year or so. Make me an offer, (a 357 snubby, or a fare amount of ammo) or something interesting and it's yours. It needs a tow but you can turn it into a great work van. PM me if your interested.

I've just bought 12 new hi roof diesel Transits, hoping the overall costs will be lower than Sprinters.

Back
Top Bottom