• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hey Odt Tire Dealers

How are the shocks on the vehicle? I've seen a set of nice tires shake a vehicle to pieces that had wore out and/or low quality shocks. Also, does it hop/shake/vibrate at any other speed?

GOODYEARS ride quality sucks. I started with GOODYEAR in 1982.
Out of round is only one consideration. Lateral runout is another. Also ply Gap and heavy spots cause many ride disturbance issues.

Have them balanced with a road force variation balancer. That will pinpoint any issues. Depending on tire size, anything with a RF number below 15-17 on a truck tire should ride well. Of course lower is better and I have seen many clock in below 8-10 .

Real real long story short>> after going through 9 tires, I told the shop Ive given up on Goodyears and hes ordered a different brand. Just about every one had a significant lope to it. Tires were made in Chile. These were the Assurance comfort tread. Have them on my wifes car and really like them. Apparently their qc had dropped off since buying those. Unbelievable for a $170 tire.

Suspension on the vehicle is good as it gets.

Have them balanced with a road force variation balancer. That will pinpoint any issues. Depending on tire size, anything with a RF number below 15-17 on a truck tire should ride well. Of course lower is better and I have seen many clock in below 8-10 .
The last one they swapped registered a 10 on RF. Still out of round. Still shook.

At the end of the day there are good and bad ones in every brand and price point.
The difference is in the shop that installs them. Some (not many) actually pay attention to the tire during balancing and will not allow a ****y one to leave on a customers vehicle, or at least inform the customer of a potential issue and note the position of the suspect tire. I have seen tires that had great Road force numbers ride like crap and seen ones I was certain would be a problem do great. I had a Nissan Frontier that we went through 3 complete sets of Michelins and could not get 4 tires out of 12 to ride smooth. After two sets of Yokohamas we found 4 that did great.
Some sizes seem to be prone to ride issues as well.

Back
Top Bottom