• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

HI POINT CARBINE

A friend has an older one, built in late 1990s.
I've been shooting with him and fired it.

It's reliable, at least with FMJ range ammo. I don't think he's ever tried HP bullets thru it.

It's accurate. Tighter groups than any open-sighted defensive handgun will give you.

The action is stiff and gritty, even when clean and lubed. It's obviously a cheap gun that's not polished before leaving the factory.

The trigger pull is much heavier then you would expect for a single action semi auto, but it is manageable --especially considering this is a rifle which makes it more and apparently stable than a handgun.

The magazine is only hold 10 rounds, but they are cheap. I think my friend has several of them that he keeps loaded and handy for home defense.

The ergonomics of the stock, the pistol grip, and the sights were all fine for me; I have no complaints.
that trigger pull can be worked on. a lighter spring and some polishing of some metal to metal rubbing parts has got mine to 3 pounds......beats the hell out of 9 to 10 pound from the factory. I'm sure that voids the warranty and yada yada womp womp........the dang Rifles SHOOT! and I have tikkas rugers, remington 700's savage 110's colts sigs CZ's.........those little carbines are fun and accurate shooters.

that trigger pull can be worked on. a lighter spring and some polishing of some metal to metal rubbing parts has got mine to 3 pounds......beats the hell out of 9 to 10 pound from the factory. I'm sure that voids the warranty and yada yada womp womp........the dang Rifles SHOOT! and I have tikkas rugers, remington 700's savage 110's colts sigs CZ's.........those little carbines are fun and accurate shooters.
Where did you get the spring?

Back
Top Bottom