• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HI POINT CARBINE

Like Jaybird said.....".heavy and ugly". But, I found it to be reasonably accurate out of the box. And, I actually enjoy shooting it. And, if it malfunctions (have had no malfunctions on mine), you can beat someone to death with it and probably not even hurt it. It is solid.

I was advised that, if you buy extra mags for it, stick to the HiPoint mags. Some aftermarket mags don't run well in them.

A friend has an older one, built in late 1990s.
I've been shooting with him and fired it.

It's reliable, at least with FMJ range ammo. I don't think he's ever tried HP bullets thru it.

It's accurate. Tighter groups than any open-sighted defensive handgun will give you.

The action is stiff and gritty, even when clean and lubed. It's obviously a cheap gun that's not polished before leaving the factory.

The trigger pull is much heavier then you would expect for a single action semi auto, but it is manageable --especially considering this is a rifle which makes it more and apparently stable than a handgun.

The magazine is only hold 10 rounds, but they are cheap. I think my friend has several of them that he keeps loaded and handy for home defense.

The ergonomics of the stock, the pistol grip, and the sights were all fine for me; I have no complaints.

What's the skinny on the hi point in 9mm ?
Anybody got one what's you're opinion on it, good, bad what ???

My wife has had one since 2007. She's a small women so her Hi-Point .9mm meets her needs. I even bought her a AR-15, but she complains it's to heavy, so likes her Hi-Point rifle.

It's hard for me to get a good sight picture with the irons... I dislike the stock very much. On balance, I like that it's a cheap plinker that hasn't given me any issues.

Buy one - for plinking its a really good time. I now own 2 and have never had an issue with FTF/FTE. It is more accurate than I would've ever thought. Bought my first from Dahlonega gun & pawn for $200 OTD which I couldnt pass up.

Back
Top Bottom