High Prices? Stupid Prices?

Seems like Mecum occasionally has some surprisingly low prices. Barrett, not so much.
I'd love to go to either.... and leave my checkbook at home.

Agreed! Mecum has had very good pricing on muscle type cars, now their import, (super cars) catch a premium. Barrett Jackson has IMO priced themselves into a small market of buyers.

32bucks+shipping for a tee shirt
SCOTTSDALETENTTEE_Split_large.jpg

I was watching too! Seems some people have more money than sense.

That Corvette that Rick Hendrick bought for $3 million seemed way overpriced.
But I don't know much about "collector cars"
It's all I can do to keep my Ford truck with 250K miles running.

I go to Mecum in Kissimmee every year and the muscle car market is starting to go soft. A lot of “Bid goes on” on the block. Even the gen 2 Corvettes weren’t pulling what the did last year. The vast majority of buyers are 50+ and the younger generation doesn’t know how nor wants to turn a wrench on a 396 or SB Chevy or Ford. The resto mods are still pulling big $ especially with LS conversions and chassis mods.

32bucks+shipping for a tee shirt
View attachment 2450863
‘63 ‘Vette coupe. One of my all-time favorite autos. Had ‘64 coupe once, stupidly sold it.
One of my all-time worst misses, stopped at Baker Motors used car lot on Peachtree St. one day in ‘68. They had a ‘66 427 4 speed coupe, burgundy with matching interior, factory knock-offs and side pipes. $3500. Passed on it. Imagine what that one would bring today.

‘63 ‘Vette coupe. One of my all-time favorite autos. Had ‘64 coupe once, stupidly sold it.
One of my all-time worst misses, stopped at Baker Motors used car lot on Peachtree St. one day in ‘68. They had a ‘66 427 4 speed coupe, burgundy with matching interior, factory knock-offs and side pipes. $3500. Passed on it. Imagine what that one would bring today.

$3500 for 50 years at 6%. $69,775. No maintenance, no storage, no insurance.

Back
Top Bottom