• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

HK Pistols worth the extra dough?

What's your take on the USP?

Well, I'm not a USP expert (pun intended) and people will vehemently disagree with me but I'll give you my opinion anyway.

The USP is a great gun. Shoots like butter and is sexy as hell. That being said I prefer the P30 over the USP. The egronomics of the P30 are more comfortable to me. It's a similar grip to the VP9. Specifically I prefer the P30L LEM. It's about $100 cheaper than the USP but doesn't come with the bad ass reputation the USP has earned. However, it just suits me better.

OPEN LETTER TO THE GUN COMMUNITY:

We decided that humans don’t need to release the magazine with their thumbs. If you were a really manly teutonic operator, you would be able to reach the controls. Plus we’ve fired 100,000,000 rounds through one with zero malfunctions, and that was while it was buried in a lake of molten lava, on the moon. If you don’t believe us, it is because you aren’t a real operator.

By the way, our cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns like the G3 and MP5 are the bestest things ever, and totally worth asinine scalpers prices, but note that cheap, mass-produced, stamped sheet metal guns from other countries are commie garbage. Not that it matters, because you’re civilians, so we won’t sell them to you anyway. Because you suck, and we hate you, but we know you’ll be back. We can beat you down like a trailer park wife, but you’ll come back, you always do.

Buy our stuff.

Sincerely

HK Marketing DepartmentHK. Because you suck. And we hate you.

I don't know about their service department other than ordering parts to turn them into left-handed killing machines - I own four USPs that I've had to convert and I've never had a problem getting parts quickly - I suppose I'll have to wait and give an opinion on their service department when I actually have one of them break

I guess at that time we will be able to compare it to Glock's service department which it sounds like gets used quite often

Practice practice practice

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

HK makes a nice well built weapon for sure.
Myself I have shot quite a few that the HK Kool aid guys almost insisted that I try, they are OK to me.
I have found that the CZ line (metal) fits me and my needs best and so that's where I am.
hard to beat so far 100 % reliability through 3 guns and over 15,000 rounds of ammo.
Also have gotten great performance from the Beretta 92 and PX4 series.
its all about what fits you, whats accurate for you and what you like best.

I love HK guns. I like the USP more than the P226. I haven't tried the VP9 but the P30 feels amazing in my hand. Are they worth the extra money? Only you can make that decision when you look at your bank account. The USP is a great host. I'm going to be adding a USP 9 to my collection soon.

I used to own a p2000 and HK45. I enjoyed both guns but the release was an issue for me. Never had a misfire or FTF, both guns felt good to hold. All that said, I'm a CZ guy now. 75BD, RAMI, Scorpion.

Reactions: JWC
MP5 are the bestest things ever

True statement

i36.photobucket.com_albums_e15_SNSPerformance_Guns_20160608_151250_zpsdolw10ns.jpg

Back
Top Bottom