• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hog gets shot many, many times and hog doesn't like it...

What the hell? I killed one last Thursday night with one shot to the head. Dead instantly. This cat either need a larger caliber or improve his shooting skills

This is how a real bear ethically hunts

Those are gonna be some funny looking babies.

06E36C7D-7D2F-48DF-A23E-EDCBDFA0DF12.jpeg

Keep talking as it shows how little you know about this subject. When they do these helicopter hunts, they also have ground crews that attempt to finish off and also recover the animals if the people want them. Here is one FAQ from an outfit that does it. https://www.helibacon.com/faqs-hog-hunting/

And nice way to twist my words, but it does clearly demonstrate that you're the one with the disturbing view point. I did not say or attempt to equate that "making clean humane kills was PETA nonsense". I clearly stated that "Of course you end an animal's suffering as soon as possible," but you chose to twist my words.

But what I did say is that treating these non-native invasive species like game animals is the PETA nonsense. This is not hunting. This is depredation of a non-native species that is doing billions of dollars in damage every year.

You'd do well to learn and understand that simple fact because it's your PETA viewpoint that is allowing for the destruction of our native habitats and wildlife.
I'm wondering where you got the idea I believe these hogs should not be eliminated? Where is there anything in this thread that says they should be treated like game animals, unless you think only game animals are due a humane death.

I'll point this out, too. If these hogs are such a burden to the land owners, where are all of the Texas landowners that have opened their property for hunters to come in and kill these hogs en mass free of charge? If you can find one I'll be happy to make a trip and help them out. They would rather suffer the damage to their crops so they can make a buck off hunting instead of solving the problem. The hog population on public land in Texas is much more under control because it is open for hunting by the general public. The primary reason hog populations are out of control there is due to the practices of the land owners themselves. So they can cry me a river, but until they allow more hunting on their lands I have little sympathy for them.

I'm wondering where you got the idea I believe these hogs should not be eliminated? Where is there anything in this thread that says they should be treated like game animals, unless you think only game animals are due a humane death.

I'll point this out, too. If these hogs are such a burden to the land owners, where are all of the Texas landowners that have opened their property for hunters to come in and kill these hogs en mass free of charge? If you can find one I'll be happy to make a trip and help them out. They would rather suffer the damage to their crops so they can make a buck off hunting instead of solving the problem. The hog population on public land in Texas is much more under control because it is open for hunting by the general public. The primary reason hog populations are out of control there is due to the practices of the land owners themselves. So they can cry me a river, but until they allow more hunting on their lands I have little sympathy for them.

That's an interesting point.

There may be a lot of farmers that do in fact do this.

There's probably also a lot that handle it themselves or to private parties they know and trust to be hunting on their land.

Maybe there are some that kill all the hogs they can and it's still not enough?

Regardless of who is killing them or for what reason, I personally don't see why you wouldn't kill them with the lowest number of shots possible.

It saves ammo, saves dragging, and humanely dispatches the animal.

I guess people would feel better if he just quietly layed there and bled out like half the white tails they shoot. All that thrashing around wasn't a reflection of pain, he's pissed off and wants to fight still.

So getting shot multiple times Doesn't cause pain????

Back
Top Bottom