• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Holding Parents Responsible for Children's Crimes

I think they're on the right track, but we need to delete the part about the parent going to jail or being fined IF the kid offends a second time. That makes no allowance for the parent trying his or her best to raise the kid right, but the kid is just rebellious and bad at this stage in his or her life.

If you change the law to require parental and family counseling and an evaluation of that parent's parenting skills and lifestyle whenever the kid commits a crime and is found responsible (guilty) of it in court, THAT is something I could go along with.

Parent refuses to cooperate? Have DFCS investigate the family as likely being an unfit environment for kids, when the parents themselves are incompetent or antisocial buttholes. Maybe some parents would keep their kids even while refusing to cooperate, but I think most would lose them. Most such parents would be unfit by any reasonable standard.

I ride a Harley and have 2 straight A students who have never been in trouble. I must be doing it wrong!
Ok next example the father rolls in and has prison tattoos and is all dressed in gang colors. What do you think is going on with their child? Do you think that their children have received the training to succeed in normal society?
Ever watch Cesar Milan the dog whisperer? The thing he says over and over is “rules, boundaries, and limitations”.
The thing we as staff were constantly doing is enforcing and teaching the young recalcitrants what should have been taught by the parent. But what is obvious to one part of normal society is oblivious to some

I think they're on the right track, but we need to delete the part about the parent going to jail or being fined IF the kid offends a second time. That makes no allowance for the parent trying his or her best to raise the kid right, but the kid is just rebellious and bad at this stage in his or her life.

If you change the law to require parental and family counseling and an evaluation of that parent's parenting skills and lifestyle whenever the kid commits a crime and is found responsible (guilty) of it in court, THAT is something I could go along with.

Parent refuses to cooperate? Have DFCS investigate the family as likely being an unfit environment for kids, when the parents themselves are incompetent or antisocial buttholes. Maybe some parents would keep their kids even while refusing to cooperate, but I think most would lose them. Most such parents would be unfit by any reasonable standard.
So how much government rectal the examination of you and your family are you OK with when your child breaks the law?
The big government liberals love to pass laws for everybody else, but don’t feel the same standards should apply to them. And their lawyers jump into action when the anointed ones have a problem. ie Teddy Kenedy, Michael Kenedy Smith, Bill and Hillary Clinton.
The standard is for the family to raise their children with the expectation that they will became normal, healthy, well adjusted members of society. When the nuclear family has been broken up and the father is no longer an active participant in the family dynamic. The government has already been legislated as the parent. If you don’t already know, the government makes a poor parent.
The nuts and bolts of legislating morality is a sticky issue. And when you include agencies like DFCS their motives are not always clear. Social workers are by definition, indoctrinated liberals who are often inflicting their misguided view of society and their politically correct solutions, Often doing more harm than good.
The liberal left is proud of their achievements in education/indoctrination and its impact on destroying our country

DFCS is a joke, the same as most government creations. DFCS is about as useful as the Federal Department of Education.

All they want to do is go after an easy target.

View attachment 1490153
Really? I worked in the Los Angeles department of probation San Fernando valley juvenile hall. If you want to figure out what is going on with the kids. Just sit in the parking lot outside juvenile hall on visiting day.
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to make some observations about who and what is visiting junior and the female equivalent.
Quite honestly it is eye opening. When mom and dad look like they did in the 60’s. The whole no rules for anyone thing. It isn’t hard to figure out what is wrong with their kid.
When they show up on a Harley Davidson motorcycle and are sporting biker leathers it isn’t a great leap of imagination to know what the home life and guidance has been.
When the only people visiting are looking like grandma or grandpa. The parents are either too old to effectively parent or the parents are in jail or to busy to parent their kids.
Their is not any test or qualifications for producing a child. It is not the responsibility of the community to parent your child. Quite the contrary. If I was to scoop up a teenager who was in the act of criminal activity and apply the sort of correction that would help make them decide not to play that way. I would likely be arrested for child abuse.
Our government has been corrupted by the liberals who refuse to accept responsibility for their actions and seek to make sure that real punishment is only community service.
If you really want to do something to fix the problem, start by holding the parent accountable and make our judicial system quickly deliver a punishment that ensures that the recalcitrant has a complete understanding that our community will not accept their actions.
Absolutely, it starts with yes mam, and yes sir, if they are not taught respect at home then they will not have respect away from home, it's a sad day when there is no accountability!!!!!!

The biggest problem now is too much "Government" involvement.

If the government didn't keep feeding these people they would either get shot and killed stealing form folks, starve to death, or find some type of work.
They wouldn't have time to be disrespectful.

This is the new entitlement, the government will feed me, regardless of just how worthless I may be.

If it's for the "Children" then those that have pity should dig deep in their pockets and stay out of mine. I raised my three and expect others to do the same. If they don't, it's not my responsibility.

Most homeless folks choose to be homeless.

Parents are certainly already financially responsible for damages their under age children commit..
A couple of teens tore up a cemetary recently in my hometown doing a estimated $100,000 in damage..

Guess who will be working the rest of their lives to pay for that?
Yep parents are "responsible" for payment
(according to as reported in most recent news article)

Back
Top Bottom