• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how do you let go

This couldn't have been better timing Ga Boy. I've got the same problem as you as far as holding onto crap. I'm extremely bad to the point of if you cross me that one day I'll get even with you. That I do promise you. I won't go out of my way to jack you up I'll let you do that on your own.
When I was LEO I had my dream job as a K9 handler on a narcotics unit that my father started. I had to leave because one of my daughter's was using drug's. I had spent 22k on getting custody of her. My own mothet supported my ex wife. Not one time but 6 different trial dates. I didn't talk to her for 15 years.
I was having to run my own dog through my house because of daughter's drug usage. I left the unit to tend to my family. I still hold it against my daughte. Juat because she ended up ODing on PCP.
Then 11 years ago I started having tremors it runs in my family. I came out of unifor. I become a civilian as a supervisor. My tremors got really bad. I was called to a meeting with a COL.& a LT.COL.
it was strongly suggested that I go on long term disability. I was turned down for SSD 3 timesn. I was 3 years and 4 months away from retirement. That would have been this November.
I get comments from my wife like "if you would've stayed we could have retired together." To me that's rubbing salt in a wound that I can't let go. I already feel like a dog crap about everything that had happened. I about nut up every time she stats that crap. I can't let it go period. I haven't had a steady pay since August last year. I asked my father that IF I needed to borrow some money could I. I get nope a few other thing's in there I told him then don't worry about me. His answer was "I ain't goit to." Mind you every thing he owns is paid off including the cabin he lives in.
Then about 2 weeks ago I saw a old friend of mine on the news about the meth house in Cherokee county that needed decontamination. The family didn't know when they bought the house. So I shot him aeemail to catch up on old times. Next thing I know I'm the regional manager for the Marietta office of Georgia Clean. Doing bio hazard cleaning. It's a super job it's faith base company plus pro 2A.
I can ware my gun at work if it's concealed very well. I can set my own hours. Got a few perks. They are expanding to Birmingham and Chattanooga. So a chance to advance.
But I CAN'T get over that I was supposed to retire this year. My sister and I were just talking about this. She's a straight shooter like me. Told be to stop beating that horse YOUR NOT going to retire so freaking get over it. Then get off you freaking pitty party then concentrate on your new job.
I know that I can't give you advice because I'm in the same boat as you. My philosophy is f you if you cross me plus holding onto not retiring having to leave my dream job. I let it build until I nut the f up and I don't care who it is that I nut up on.I've done boiled over by then. I can offer you a ear to talk to. Just send me a PM if I can do anything. Don't climb into a bottle I've been there done that also I just about stopped drinking because I have a stopping problem.

I'm way into a couple of Hurricanes and Bid Ice 40s right now. So I won't be judgmental And I have one cat that thinks I owe her lap time. So anyway what was I saying?

Back
Top Bottom