• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the Glock Mos?

cimino289

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
I've never ran the system before and was wondering what everyones expirence was with it. It looks promising I never was big on red dots but I think the system is pretty cool.

I have the Glock model 40 MOS and love it. Put a trijicon RMR on top of it along with some Dawson Precision sights to co-witness the red dot or use the sights if the red dot was to go out. Haven't had one problem with the mount that was supplied. Would like to get another MOS model in 9mm.
f472aee15a3c4c447d5997568e7d6dd1.jpg

I have the Glock model 40 MOS and love it. Put a trijicon RMR on top of it along with some Dawson Precision sights to co-witness the red dot or use the sights if the red dot was to go out. Haven't had one problem with the mount that was supplied. Would like to get another MOS model in 9mm.
f472aee15a3c4c447d5997568e7d6dd1.jpg
This is my next project for a HD weapon. The only other thing is a light. A red dot optic on a handgun is a great option for a lot of reasons.

BamaBrad BamaBrad I was thinking of getting one in 9mm too it's good to hear you like the system I've shot Glocks but after I saw this I was like I need to get one even though the trijicon is a little pricey.

You will love it. This is my first pistol with a red dot and it is definitely not my last. I love shooting it and can't wait to get the same set up with a 9mm. I have read great things about Vortex's red dot but I had to have the trijicon. Might go with the Leupold on the next one.

Ill never have another one again. Milling the slide is a hundred times better. The rmr sits closer to the bore and is tighter to the gun. The mounting plates and screws setup sucks imo. The allen wrench that comes with them sucks too, its like its just barely too small and wants to strip out the screws so bad if youre not careful. Hated mine compared to my milled 19. Traded my 17 mos for a regular 17 to have milled.

I had a 19 MOS and it threw brass into my brand new optic, putting dents and dings in the hood after less than 50rds. Didn't damage the glass, but it was hitting it as well. Took it to Glock and they couldn't fix it. They said the 9mm slides move faster than the brass. Not as big an issue on .40 and a non issue on 45 and 10mm. Just the 9s.

Back
Top Bottom