• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How long will the Rousey fight go?

RR truely believed she was the greatest, she thought she could beat HH at her own game.Hate to see her make that miscalculation.

there will b a rematch, will be interested to see if HH can avoid a early round submission

HH is an amazing athelete/boxer, they played her game,her way.

cant believe RR didnt swap it up after HH first connect,but i guess it was too late.HH got some juice
Actually, I think the mistake was that RR was too focused on getting HH to the ground. That's why she kept charging in. HH was excellent at taking advantage of that by tagging her and avoiding the take down and RR just got more frustrated and careless. HH was also able to escape when RR did get ahold of her, which was a key factor. She was even smart enough to let RR up the one time HH took her down. They both knew where their strengths were and fought towards them. HH was able to accomplish that and RR was not.

It was a great fight and the rematch is going to be even better. HH is serious business and I think we may have just seen the beginning of a legendary rivalry. Even though RR lost, I think this fight is going to eventually make both RR and HH very rich.

I have always been, and still am, a big fan and critique of Rousey. I have always enjoyed her fights, but i blame her coaches for this loss. Her striking has come a very long way in the last couple years, but she has always waded in with her head/chin up vs fighters much smaller than she and gotten away with it. Holm was really the second fight she has had vs another fighter her size, the other being Zingano who had a colossal brain fart in their fight and is primarily a grappler.

I think Rousey would have won this fight a couple years go before she had any misplaced confidence in her stand up. I look forward to seeing her fight again, hopefully she goes back to her roots and realize no matter how great an athlete she may be, she will never overcome decades of striking experience and fights in a couple years under an MMA only striking coach.

Common sense / reality check.....as much time as Ronda spent honing her judo skills, Holm has spent honing her striking skills. For Ronda to choose to stand up with Holm, that is just misplaced ego.....
I don't think RR chose to stand up. HH didn't give her any other choice and that's to HH's credit.

Some of y'all can analyze it all you want, but Holm had Rousey's ticket. It wasn't even close.

RR didn't lose cause she tried to play Holm's game, she lost because Holm was better. She tried to stand up and she got her ass kicked. She tried to take it to the ground and she got her ass kicked. She had no answer for Holm.

I was a Rousey fan ( I still am) but now I am a Holly Holm fan as well. Especially after the class she showed after she won the fight...

Last edited:
Some of y'all can analyze it all you want, but Holm had Rousey's ticket. It wasn't even close.

RR didn't lose cause she tried to play Holm's game, she lost because Holm was better. She tried to stand up and she got her ass kicked. She tried to take it to the ground and she got her ass kicked. She had no answer for Holm.

I was a Rousey fan ( I still am) but now I am a Holly Holm fan as well. Especially after the class she showed after she won the fight...

You're correct. RR tried to take her down a few times and couldn't. RR was out of shape and out of gas by the end of the first round. She was completely outclassed.

RR's cardio conditioning was bad, and HH exploited that by continually moving, making RR try to cut her off and chasing her.

HH's game plan was excellent, and RR played right into it. I question if RR's team had even prepared her for a Plan B scenario. Once she got popped a few times, and after a couple of unsuccessful take down attempts, it was over.

Back
Top Bottom