How many of ya'll had a need for a firearm carry or at home.

Have you had to use or almost use a firearm in self defense.

• Total voters
I came out of the Waffle House one afternoon, its very accessible to a major highway. A 90ish wore out purple neon or something, rollls up sideways to the door. The car is filled with really sketchy looking white guys. Probably methy. All but one of the four sketchy guys was covered in prison tats. All over the face too. Lets just say that they had my full attention. Instead of coming straight out of the front, i angeled off keeping a car between us. The driver says something to his crew and comes out looking at and headed for me. As I was moving away, I made sure he saw me reaching. He immediately turned quickly back, jumped in and looked like he told them ,”Hes got a gun”.
That purple pos left out to the highway as fast as a purple pos can.
Now I am not sure they weren’t going to ask directions to grandmas, but I had that bad feeling. He cant be sure I was armed.
He must of had that same feeling.

I actually had an experience fairly recently that made me glad I had my G43 in my waistband. Granted, as you'll note in this story, nearly any firearm would have been suitable and the means it was carried was irrelevant.

Coming home from seeing the new Top Gun, the sun was already set, my wife and I were nearly home on a rural backroad, and there were some cars stopped in the road up ahead on both sides.

I approached cautiously but as I got closer saw why they were there. A doe was laying down with her head up on the center lines.

I got out, asked if everyone (3 ladies) was alright and they explained that none of them hit it but didn't know what to do.

Skipping some details it was clear there was nothing to be done for the poor thing. So I told them that whoever was too squeamish should go ahead and leave, which one of them did. So I unholstered and spared it more suffering, drug it to the ditch and called it a night.

I hunt and don't mind killing animals but none of them deserve to suffer for any amount of time that can be circumvented. I'm glad I didn't have to get all the way home, grab a gun, and come back to do what was necessary.
Similar thing happened to me. I headed out with kids in the truck Taking them to school. Was one morning at barely dawn. Doe ran out and struck my door pretty hard, never saw her. She was struggling to walk so I went ahead and took the now shaken kids to school (2 miles away) and headed back. There was the doe in the street with a car stopped, occupant was a sweet woman who was very distressed at the struggling animal. Then another car stopped With kids glued to the window.

I ended up calling the sheriff to take care of it. I wussed out due to the possibility of a negligent discharge in a residential area questioning…ya I know..

My petite 9mm model 539 trumped a Virginian Dragoon 44 mag one fine summers eve when he decided to come in and kill everyone at the house. He saw up my barrel (from nose tip level) before he could level the huge 7" barreled behemoth. (We had bandaged the wife, he was beating driving by the house when she wrecked and ran to the nearest house for help.)

My petite 9mm model 539 trumped a Virginian Dragoon 44 mag one fine summers eve when he decided to come in and kill everyone at the house. He saw up my barrel (from nose tip level) before he could level the huge 7" barreled behemoth. (We had bandaged the wife, he was beating driving by the house when she wrecked and ran to the nearest house for help.)
Did you shoot him?

About 10 years or so ago when I worked at the Kroger I saw to guys get into a shouting match and one of them threatened to shot the other. He put his hand of the gun and everything. Apparently they had had a run in in the parking lot with guy with the gun insulted other dudes wife. I was unarmed so I ran and hid in the walk in cooler.
That is the best way to cool down after a heated encounter :thumb:

No, he froze as I had commanded, slowly laid the gun down and retreated backwards to the wrecked car about 100 yards away. I called locals and they took 30 min, he had walked off. Gun fetched a hefty $400 many yr ago, it was engraved.

No, he froze as I had commanded, slowly laid the gun down and retreated backwards to the wrecked car about 100 yards away. I called locals and they took 30 min, he had walked off. Gun fetched a hefty $400 many yr ago, it was engraved.
While I'm 100000% sure you saved yourself a ton of hassle, financial mess, and emotional problems by not shooting.......
I am genuinely curious...was it a conscious decision to command the intruder to freeze? Was it just how it worked out? Was that something you'd been trained to do?
Given the circumstances, I wonder how I'd have reacted in the situation where someone is in the house with a 44 intent on killing my family or me. I'm very blessed to not have experienced a full blown home invasion as of yet, and I sure hope it stays that way.

Eating dinner one night about 5 years ago with the wife when I heard what sounded like the apocalypse happening in my front yard. I grabbed my G19 and headed for the front door. When I opened the door there was a dude standing on my front porch and his busted up brand new toyota tundra in a tree about 10 ft from my dining room window. He was drunk and stumbling. I yelled "what the ---- are you doing etc." He asked if my house was for sale and could he look at it while he tried to step to my door. I pointed the glock in his chest and said "naw, I don't think you are going to do that". He turned and tried to run across my front yard just as the Holly Springs Police Department found him at the edge of my driveway. They were looking for him in my neighborhood. Apparently, he blown through a bunch neighbors yards. I asked the PD to let me have the truck and I would call it square.

Back
Top Bottom