How many of ya'll had a need for a firearm carry or at home.

Have you had to use or almost use a firearm in self defense.

• Total voters
I had to use mine to end the suffering of a puppy that had been hit by car. I've never pointed a weapon at a human being and hope I never have to.

Several years ago I pulled up to the garage in the middle of the day, walked down the driveway to get the mail, and one of these was on the other side of the street. It was a Dog Bordeaux, and he looked pissed!

I slowly started walking backwards up the drive, intentionally not making eye contact, but not letting my eyes leave his body. I slowly unholstered my G17, keeping pointed to the ground. Every step I took backwards, he took two towards me, growling. About the time I got to the door, he was about 10 feet away. I thought for sure it was go-time. As soon as I hit the door, he turned an ran.

Funny, I've worked in the hood for over 20 years in the most dangerous parts of Atlanta. My home at the time was in a golf course community. Last place I thought I would need to draw!

Attachments

• dogue-de-bordeaux-1.jpg
    dogue-de-bordeaux-1.jpg
    225.4 KB · Views: 5
I keep one beside my chair all the time. There is usually one within reach (or close enough) just about everywhere in the house. Since someone is home just about all the time, I feel it is safer to have one close enough to be able to access just about everywhere in the house.
The wife is faster than I am at accessing one, embarrassingly she is a better shot too ! LOL
I have heard women who practice and shoot are inherently better shots than men, she and I like to try to outdo each other when we go shooting , lol. ( It is fun, keeps you in tune too !)
I will skip the comments about past use and need.

Told this before I'm sure. Two guys fighting in the hallway of my apartment building in Greenville, SC (1992 or 93) knocked my front door in and they fell into the living room. I was watching the X-Files and cleaning a modified MAK90. Had it in my hands on the sofa when they "fell into" my apartment on the 3rd floor. Leveled it at them and they about pissed themselves getting each other up to back out the door, apologizing profusely.

Only other time I've "threatened" to use a gun (didn't really) was an aggressive panhandler on Gray Highway at Walgreens. He demanded money and I said "**** off, you ain't gittin' shyte."

Stepped out of the SUV and he saw my Model 12 in a holster and he started chimping out, flapping his arms and screaming, "Oh, you gon' SHOOT ME NOW?"

I said, "Well, that depends on how you act." LOL, he wandered off cussing me, "Mothera ****ra white boy!"

Back
Top Bottom