• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to get involved

Honestly, there is not much an individual can do. There are call centers but people that really want to do it wont call them. Get involved with the VFW or with a trans org. They are the most likely to need help.

There are walks to raise awareness and I’m sure there are groups. Awareness and urging people to reach out are large. I agree there isn’t really anything one can do if someone is under that cloud including the person. Be nice to people be genuine tell those around you that you love them. Be a good listener. Ask the tough questions. Ask someone to lunch who may be going through a patch.

Thanks for the replies, I have signed up to volunteer at an upcoming event with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Still looking for more.

Thanks for the replies, I have signed up to volunteer at an upcoming event with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Still looking for more.

Reach out to the ones you love. Develop more patience in your daily interactions with people. Make people feel like they matter in others lives. It’s not a simple issue but little things do add up, for better or for worse.

I am looking for information on how to donate my time in my community to prevent suicide. Any groups, foundations you recommend?

Something that has happened to me recently has me wanting to help.

Thank you,

Jason
People who want to die aren't going to seek help...pay attention to the people you care about spend time with them, pay real attention to what they are going through...they will appreciate that...and for God's sake, don't tell them everything will be okay...

Veterans 3 Gun is an organization I belong to, and are dedicated to help stop the 22 Veteran suicides that happen daily, they have a FB page, you can talk to them about how to volunteer,
/veterans3gunteam100/?__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARD9mjo0yxDOuN-4KmjGG-EQvJ5yUPkW1KbBVaxt02w41r1IGE7o7470jNOrfnFarbA7-O91y_Q-7cS7
4F7F7D12-FC02-4A02-9562-20BEC4E13270 (5).jpg

Back
Top Bottom