• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I am thinking about down sizing trucks

Just be upfront about the rebuilt title , before they come to look at it . Don’t blindside a buyer with it .
But most buyers are likely just looking to flip it again for a fast Buck .

If you have pictures or details of the damage that would be helpful to most folks

It varies by state , but usually
Every car that gets “totaled “ by the insurance company gets issued a “salvage” title

If the damage isn’t much , after it gets repaired and inspected the state issues a normal title that does not say SALVAGE or REBUILT on it anywhere . The salvage title will show up in the carfax though .

I’ve owned several cars that I bought at auctions with salvage fields that ran and drive fine . A fender bender that blows the airbags will almost always result in a salvage title being issued .

If the damage is significant , the state will issues a title that has REBUILT printed on the title .
So any vehicle with a rebuilt title had significant damage . But not so much damage that the state inspector didn’t think it would be safe to repair .

For those vehicles they usually get issued a PARTS ONLY or EXPORT ONLY title or something to that Effect .

15,000 grand in this climate is where I would start. Gas is coming down so I would hold on to until the market comes back into reasonable rates. However, that means you will get a lot less for your truck but Toyota's will still be up there.

Back
Top Bottom