• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I got this when I tried to renew my license. Any Idea why it'd say this? Did I break AL DMV?

I think if it was renewed long term ( 8-10 years) last time, you're required to appear in person for a new mug shot and eye test.
moon-otis.gif

We cannot process your request online.

The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Driver License Division preforms electronic validation with national and state databases for identification during license services online.
One of those systems has returned a result that will not allow you to submit this request online at this time.

Try closing out of this request and adding it again. If the problem persists, visit your Local Driver License Office.
It may have to do with the federal Star ID requirements. If your current license doesn’t have a star in the upper corner, it’s not considered a “Real ID” and cannot be renewed online. At least that’s how it is in Georgia now.

If you don’t have a gold star license they will make you get one is the best guess. Remember you will need SSN card, birth certificate and some bills to prove yourself to get a gold star, best to go prepared so you don’t have to make two trips.

In least one Alabama and Tennesse you have a DMV per county in Georgia they have have one that serves regions.

If you don’t have a gold star license they will make you get one is the best guess. Remember you will need SSN card, birth certificate and some bills to prove yourself to get a gold star, best to go prepared so you don’t have to make two trips.

In least one Alabama and Tennesse you have a DMV per county in Georgia they have have one that serves regions.
Looks like I'm good on the star thing. Must be something else.

Also had a friend this week run into something similar, he said in Alabama you can only renew online every other one. So no back to back online renewals, could this be your issue as well?

Back
Top Bottom