• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I guess I’m too old to be bothered anymore

At Bass Pro/Cabelas, when they ask if I want to sign up for their credit card, I just say "Sorry, I'm poor" and the awkwardly shut up and avoid eye contact. It's great.
For their chance to win promotions, I just say "Sorry. I don't gamble anymore" and they drop it. Make it as awkward as possible and they won't push it.
I worked the gun counter at Cabela's in Acworth when I was in college at KSU.

They ABSOLUTELY antagonize employees to push those stupid club cards on customers...
It was my most hated part of working there.
For each credit card signup an employee gets, the employee gets one whole dollar added to their paycheck.

I never tried to get people to sign up for that crap because I hate being asked to sign up for it 35 times whenever I'm in one of those stores.

I try to be nice about saying "no," but I completely understand why people lose their patience with being bugged about it while in there.

I would rather pay more for everything then get their dumb cards. I hate that crap. The robo calls, spam texts, the 300+ emails I get everyday (and no that is not an exaggeration) just frustrates the damn hell out of me. When I want something I do research and buy it. Why we have allowed our culture to turn us into a product whose contact info is sold to people trying to sell other products or just steal/con is beyond me. We should be allowed to bomb spam call centers or mainframes. Especially those that target the confused elderly. Those people belong in hell with pedos.

Ya'll are also too honest. If you can read this, you are smart enough to make up a semi real looking number, even if the last two digits are the only difference. It's 2023, you should have a free yahoo/gmail/Hotmail email account that's just promotions/sales (a plus when you when you're shopping online and want a coupon/discount).

Back
Top Bottom