• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I have lost hope.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly my point. When somebody says "I wil take it" should be a man's word of commitment. Not a possibility. People should be held to a higher standard. And I am talking less than 8 hours of missed communication.
A lot can happen in 8 hours man. Seriously. That has absolutely zero to do with an “I’ll take it” or a “mans word blah blah blah”. How did you let 8 hours go by without communicating with the seller. To me that’s ghosting a guy. Lol

That's fine and I have always played by the rules. But I have seen the light. Freedom of speech should not be regulated anywhere or anytime. It's no different than an infringement on our 2a rights.
"Freedom of speech should not be regulated anywhere or anytime."

So you would encourage someone that is standing outside your home at 2:00am screaming profanities at you and your family?

So you would encourage someone that is standing outside your home at 2:00am screaming profanities at you and your family?

If they aren't on my land. What would you do? Call the popo?

i'll take it with no time and place set is meaningless...two people say i'll take it, one communicates to set up time and place in a timely manner, the other does not...guess who is going to get the item?
The first person to commit to a purchase should be held to a standard. I was only trying to meet to purchase in cash and not have it shipped.

Exactly my point. When somebody says "I wil take it" should be a man's word of commitment. Not a possibility. People should be held to a higher standard. And I am talking less than 8 hours of missed communication.
bottom line is its his stuff and he can sell it to whomever he/she wants regardless of what you say or do, or what he tells you. That's just a hard fact whether its this site or hell anywhere. People aren't obligated to sell to you or anyone. How do expect to site to make them so?

Not encouraging that action. There is an ethical means to freedom of speech without being a dick.

I ain't got no dog in this fight but I'll just say this....Whatever it was you were trying to buy, I'll just about bet you'll see another one on here before long. Might even get a better deal.
Hang with us man....we ain't all bad.

There are nearly 70,000 members. To expect every one of the people you meet here to share your worldview and your values is unrealistic, in the extreme. It's like walking out your front door and expecting everyone you meet in public to be perfectly nice to you.

And regarding the "free speech anywhere/everywhere," can I come over to your house and read aloud from the Koran, while you try to sleep? You want me to be free to say anything, anywhere, at any time. Right?

A lot can happen in 8 hours man. Seriously. That has absolutely zero to do with an “I’ll take it” or a “mans word blah blah blah”. How did you let 8 hours go by without communicating with the seller. To me that’s ghosting a guy. Lol
Exactly! If I'm selling and the buyer stops communicating with me for 8 hours, I'd assume they are unreliable and not a man of their word, then go find another buyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom