• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I just bought 6 acres - a quick story to those looking for good priced land

very exciting times, just bought a nice 6 acre plot of land that was “unlisted” off market in cartersville GA.

I paid a price of $10,000 an acre which I thought was very fair considering that it’s 10 mins from downtown cartersville.

Had a builder look at it, a few friends of mine in construction, dirt scientist, & a grading / bulldozer company...

The quick story for those looking for land is where to look for good deals... I found this land on FACEBOOK Marketplace... ran the comps on the recent sales, homes nearby and I think it’s prob worth about $15,000 an acre...

I’ve been looking for the past year and was patiently waiting for a sweet deal... backs up to 50 acres of raw land and I’ll be able to hunt off the back 4 of mine... be patient and look everywhere ( craigslist , Facebook, MLS, land watch, download the ONX hunting maps and drive around and send letters to property owners/ knock on doors...you may just find a great deal!)
You did good Man, no matter where in Bartow you are, it's getting hard to find any under 20K an acre.

Me and 4 friends bought up 210 acres and paid around $1400/acre...This was back in '14, before the economy turned back around, but still...Also, our land is 2 hours south of Atl, and we love that about it. Not too far, not too close. Very rural, excellent hunting. It's an excellent bug out spot too, and taxes are very cheap.

Oh, and after searching for over a year, we found our place on Craigslist. Lol

Congrats, OP! Land is a good thing to have.

I already met the less than friendly neighbor that lives one parcel over.... he seemed very displeased someone was buying the land lol

I had the same thing. Sometimes I think people get so used to making themselves at home on neighboring property they come to think of it as there's. The first time I met my neighbor he came over with a gun to run us off. It'll work out.

Back
Top Bottom