• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I know I am going to regret asking this but.....

I wish they would make a new midsize truck that has 4 doors, and a short bed, over sized gas tank with a V8. They just dont make a midsize truck I want to buy. I'd rather just keep making do with my jeep. I'd give up the short wheel base as a daily driver if they made something I actually wanted to purchase instead of talking myself into settling for. If they made the off road version Tacoma with a v8, put on the rear end stabilization from the landcruiser, with a sway bar for towing I would be all over it. I guess that would hurt tundra sales too much. I just dont want a full size truck as I have no need for one. I need a smaller vehicle to fit down or up most of the trails I hit in my outdoor ventures and for work. The most I want to tow is my 5x8 with my 4 wheeler or a small camper. Highway stability towing is the main disadvantage of the short wheel base. I know a jeep isnt meant to tow but I dont want 2 vehicles where one is one I want and one just because I need it. I make do till they man up and make what I want for my money. My 2 door jeep is money in the woods. And it's a ***** jeep. Stock, hard top, automatic. It's still made it through more than I ever expected without an off road set up. I've been impressed. First jeep. At least they are modular enough to where a DIY guy can set them up to overcome the failings.

Ford engineers built an off-road truck from the ground up. Called it a Raptor. Now 90% of them you see has a long wheelbase and 4 doors. SSDD.

It's as wrong as a 4 door Porsche or new Harleys with big touch screens on the handle bars.

Lol sitting in my driveway right now. Tell you what, let me know whenever you want to hit the twisties or track and I'll bring my wife's Panamera, and let me know when you want to go wheeling and I will bring my Raptor.

I guarantee I will show you what these "compromised" vehicles can do with 2 extra doors as I watch you in my rear view mirror.
b02b927e2623c4a96adc4056542f8eb4.jpg

Lol sitting in my driveway right now. Tell you what, let me know whenever you want to hit the twisties or track and I'll bring my wife's Panamera, and let me know when you want to go wheeling and I will bring my Raptor.

I guarantee I will show you what these "compromised" vehicles can do with 2 extra doors as I watch you in my rear view mirror.

Never said the 4 door Raptor wasn’t an awesome truck. But if I still had my 133” wheelbase Raptor (with a tuned 6.2) it would smoke that 4 door on the road and go places Offroad where you would be high centered.
The point was simply that the truck was designed around the shorter wheelbase.

I think you and I have had this same discussion before. I have no doubt that your wife's Porsche sedan will perform as expected. But where it's really lacking is in the looks department. I Know it's all in the eye of the beholder and whatnot but those cars are just butt ugly. Again it's all personal taste but I don't get why anyone would buy a Porsche SEDAN when there are already BMW, Mercedes and Audi sedans that were designed to be sedans and still perform.
A Porsche has two doors, period,end of story. I'm not a Corvette fan at all but can you imagine how stupid it would look if Chevy decided to offer a sedan model for all the aging Corvette owners who need room for their walkers and grandkids?

Back
Top Bottom