• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need a smaller coffee maker....

Look at this ****ing "standard" coffee filter (fits most coffee makers -bullshyte). It's so much shorter than the last ones I bought I can barely make use of them.
Well, they're WHITE so they are inherently bad and inferior. You need to be buying those "filters of color" . Everybody knows they are just bigger where it counts (if ya get my drift)...

8 cups (4 oz cups on the pot marker. 3 real world cups)
You need a Bunn Platinum.
Bunn Platinum.jpeg

I only fill my coffee makers basket 1/3 of the way up anyway- that's enough to make me two giant cups of coffee (really travel mug sized)

My complaint about manufacturers shrinking product sizes has to do with tall kitchen trash bags.
Almost all of them do not have enough length to overlap the rim of the container. Therefore if you fold the edge over your plastic wastebasket, the bottom of the bag will barely touch the bottom of the container and the first time you drop a heavy piece of trash in there it pulls the bag loose down into the can.

Another kind of shrinkage:
When I was a kid a standard Snickers bar was 2.4 ounces (it was heavier than most others in the C-store).

I haven't bought any candy bars in a long time but I believe that Snickers has joined the modern trend and is shrinking their product, and they're probably down to something like 1.5 ounces now.

Another kind of shrinkage:
When I was a kid a standard Snickers bar was 2.4 ounces (it was heavier than most others in the C-store).

I haven't bought any candy bars in a long time but I believe that Snickers has joined the modern trend and is shrinking their product, and they're probably down to something like 1.5 ounces now.
I think it's 1.86oz for a "standard bar."

But..... when I was a kid in school, other kids would often go around selling chocolate bars for a dollar as a fundraiser. These were big chocolate bars but the standard price for a chocolate bar at that time was probably only $.50 so there was a great profit margin to benefit the cause.

Now over 40 years later, I still see kids selling chocolate bars for one dollar as a fundraiser for their school and civic groups and clubs!

But the size of the bar has shrunk considerably! Now the chocolate bars are filled with puffed rice, with just barely enough chocolate to hold the nuggets of rice together. ( rice of course is cheap, so they're putting in a filler of valueless fodder into these bars to save money). But the fact that the bars still sell for only a dollar is amazing.

But..... when I was a kid in school, other kids would often go around selling chocolate bars for a dollar as a fundraiser. These were big chocolate bars but the standard price for a chocolate bar at that time was probably only $.50 so there was a great profit margin to benefit the cause.

Now over 40 years later, I still see kids selling chocolate bars for one dollar as a fundraiser for their school and civic groups and clubs!

But the size of the bar has shrunk considerably! Now the chocolate bars are filled with puffed rice, with just barely enough chocolate to hold the nuggets of rice together. ( rice of course is cheap, so they're putting in a filler of valueless fodder into these bars to save money). But the fact that the bars still sell for only a dollar is amazing.
Family Dollar stores has a large European Milk Chocolate bar near the checkout stands that is $1.15 (was $1.00 pre Good Ol' Joe) and it is better than a Hershey's bar and LARGER. Like twice as large.

Bitching is a form of art. I'm only sorry that my bitch about these filters has more to do with me being in a hurry yesterday and not reading the little label "1-4 cup makers."
The military will give you an advanced training course in bitching. They should give out medals for achievement in bitchyness.
That's every branch of the military and the Air Force.

Back
Top Bottom