• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want to start reloading 357 what do I need?

2 hour walnut bath was like 4 hours ago...... So make any rounds yet?

Lol yea. It took me a while to get the dies and powder all dialed in. Like 45 min for 10 rounds . After that I spit out 30 rounds in 10 minuets. I am going to the range Saturday after I pick up my new to me 6 inch gp100 and another lcr357 .

I have a question though. Some where through out the process I have about 10 loads that are about 1 to 1.5 grains below the starting charge. I'm using 125 grain jhp with Imr 4227 powder. The starting charge is 15.6 I have a few that are at 14.5 and one at 13. Are these ok to fire? I assume yes as they won't get hung in a 2 inch barrel

Last edited:
Might as well get a bullet puller. You are going to need it at some point. My loads for .357 @ starting charges (from manuals) are significantly less potent than a standard .357 load. I don't know if you want to mess w/ something that has that low of a charge.

Those .357's out of the LCR are a beast. 10 rounds and I'm done!

What causes that variation? Is it just an inconsistent powder measure? I would imagine that if it were 1.5 grains HIGHER than the starting charge, you'd have a problem on your hands.

Might as well get a bullet puller. You are going to need it at some point. My loads for .357 @ starting charges (from manuals) are significantly less potent than a standard .357 load. I don't know if you want to mess w/ something that has that low of a charge.

Those .357's out of the LCR are a beast. 10 rounds and I'm done!

Tell me about it I had one. I got rid of it when I had a nd that went through my left hand and I lost my middle finger. Hints my sig line

Back
Top Bottom