• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I went all in on a 2023 Porsche 911 Turbo

Nice ride! Drive it in good health! I am still driving my 2001 911. I may try and catch up with ya'll on New Years day. Weather permitting.

Good for you, and a really good looking automobile.

I hope you have more luck than I did with Porsche. In 1989 I picked up one of the first Carrera 4's in Stuttgart and drove it through Germany, Switzerland, Italy and France before returning it to the factory for shipment to the U.S. It had problems from the get go which continued once I picked the car up in Charleston.

The Lemon Law didn't help me, and my lawyer was a one man show vs. one of the largest law firms in Atlanta. The judge decided against a court case on a technicality after 3+ years of wrangling, and the only satisfaction I got was knowing that Porsche had to keep their law firm on retainer for 3+ years. If you're interested I'll bore you with the details some time, but it would have to involve some smooth sippin' adult beverage lol.

Good luck, and trouble free driving enjoyment.
Porsche did have some years to avoid for the 911.
The 1974-1977 911 2.7L motor had issues. The magnesium cases warped and the head studs pulled out.
The 1989-1994 911 (964) C4 also had issues. Many owners replaced the failed dual mass flywheel in the C4 with a lighter flywheel and converted the awd C4 to rwd C2 when the awd in the C4 failed. The air cooled engine ran hot with the lower plastic sound deadening cover in place - the first thing many people did was to remove that cover from underneath the engine and remove the secondary muffler and replace it with a pipe to make it sound like a Porsche and run cooler. GHL (now closed) used to sell the bypass pipes.
The 1999-2004 911 (996) with the fried egg headlights and slab sides had IMS bearing faiilure issues.
My personal favorite 911 is the 1989 911 Speedster followed by the 1997 and 1998 993 C2S.

I would love to own this LS3 997 625HP 560 lb ft of torque:
The engine is mounted on the factory mounting points.

Or this 550HP 997 GT3 with a Subaru Turbo EJ25:

These were both essentially rolling shells that the builders got creative with.

Back
Top Bottom