• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If the only thing you accept besides cash is PayPal, why?

Why?

• Because people wanted it long ago so I did it. Honestly I hate all this ****.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • I'd rather do things through a stupid venue as opposed to an easy one.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Elon Musk is so cool and I want to be a part of anything he ruins; I mean touches.

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters
I've NEVER seen Wells Fargo add a penny to ANY charge I have ever made....I don't understand all this, and really do not care to
Wells Fargo is the credit card company. When you go purchase something with the card, it is processed by a card processing company. Not by the credit card company. The company who processes the purchase charges a fee. In most cases, the fee is charged to the store or the vendor making the sale. You will not normally see any up-charge because that fee has already been figured in to the price of the item you purchased. Many gun dealers prefer not to add that fee to the cost of every gun they sale so they tell you up front that price is for cash sale. If you want to use a card there will be an increase in price to cover fees. A large retail store still pays for credit card processing but instead of adding the fees to your sale, they just add a percentage to all prices. In other words, a large store will mark all prices up 1.5% to cover credit card fees and charge that to everyone, even if you paid cash. So you are paying the fees but never realize it. I prefer to charge no fee for cash and if you want to use the card, you know up front that there is an added 3% fee. Which way seems more fair to you? Stores, Restaurants, almost any place that takes a card has marked their prices up to cover those fees. You just never see it. It does not seem fair to me to charge people extra for credit card fees when they use cash but it happens nearly everywhere you purchase things with that take a credit card.
Look at the credit card company, such as Well's Fargo as a bank, which is what they are. The card processor is the company which processes the charges every time you use that card and they all get paid. Just because you never see the fees itemized into your bill believe me, the fees are there. So when you start to understand that process, you will realize that businesses like mine are doing you a favor and telling you what the fees are up front and that helps you make a decision whether to stop at the ATM and bring cash, or write a check or what ever instead of using a card. I hope this makes sense. I may not be the best at explaining it.

I thought CTS was arguing with himself until I logged out to see he was arguing with two members that have me on ignore. Those are definitely two customers you don't want anyways.
Trust me, I have been conflicted a time or two. I try to keep my arguments with myself to myself as much as possible though. Otherwise people start to think realize you are nuts.

Old boomers think new tech is scary. Outside of ODT, I rarely use cash for anything besides tipping. Cashapp is so easy to use and convenient. So are credit cards if you're responsible and fudds even then thought they were the mark of the beast when they came out in the 50's/60's.

Easy there Nellie Belle this boomer isn't scared of new tech. I pay my bills online, use a credit card, even recently got a cash app that was recommended by another boomer. I still use cash from time to time especially when a discount is applied.

Didn't Elon sell PayPal a long time ago?
Yes. But he bought in and saw it rocket right when it became big.

He also wasn't allowed to call it X.com, but I guess he's finally had his way.
PayPal ownes venmo.
They do. And I'm so happy they they didn't canabalize it!
iu
Not gonna lie, I do miss the times I went to their shows.
I get tired of us as buyers having to pay all sorts of fees to use credit cards, the government order step in and say you as a business want business then you have to pay all fees applicable with the sale. Think about it 3.5% to use it, 18 to 20% tips and then 7% tax. That’s bull and the companies need to pay for that.

That's why I love Venmo and zelle. Never paid a dime to Venmo, aqnd zelle is basically bank to bank transfer. PayPal not only charges more than it should, I've had payments held up multiple times even though I used the service frequently and never caused any problems.

Easy there Nellie Belle this boomer isn't scared of new tech. I pay my bills online, use a credit card, even recently got a cash app that was recommended by another boomer. I still use cash from time to time especially when a discount is applied.
Look at you being all hip and with it!

Back
Top Bottom