• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you absolutely must have a G19

So, for the sake of clarity, you are stating that it is a "fact" that something is "probably true"?

Guess there's no arguing that point :)

Yep. Like it's "probably a good idea to wipe after dropping a deuce"

I would consider that a fact. Generally speaking, not doing so could cause you a lot of grief. But there COULD be an instance where it might be beneficial not to, although I can't think of such a situation off the top of my head.

Pretty similar to someone paying above msrp for a gun online where they don't have to go through a background check. I suppose there *could* be another reason why they would do so, but I sure as heck can't think of one off the top of my head. If you can, please enlighten me.

I would consider that a fact. Generally speaking, not doing so could cause you a lot of grief. But there COULD be an instance where it might be beneficial not to, although I can't think of such a situation off the top of my head.

Pretty similar to someone paying above msrp for a gun online where they don't have to go through a background check. I suppose there *could* be another reason why they would do so, but I sure as heck can't think of one off the top of my head. If you can, please enlighten me.

Ignorance. You and I may be on this site daily talking guns and prices but most people don't. There was a time when I had no idea and may have overpaid

To point #1 I gots nothing

To Point #2 You are seriously underestimating the power of stupidity.

Ignorance. You and I may be on this site daily talking guns and prices but most people don't. There was a time when I had no idea and may have overpaid

To point #1 I gots nothing

To Point #2 You are seriously underestimating the power of stupidity.

There's no way someone on here hasn't set foot in a gun store. Even the "noobs". I went through several guns before even hearing of this site, not to mention the "fact" ( ;) ) that if you search for glock on this site you'll likely get several dozen threads of people complaining about the high prices in the classifieds.

It's practically impossible not to know what a legitimate price for a glock is.

There's no way someone on here hasn't set foot in a gun store. Even the "noobs". I went through several guns before even hearing of this site. Not to mention the "fact" that if you search for glock on this site you'll likely get several dozen threads of people complaining about the high prices in the classifieds. It's practically impossible not to know what a legitimate price for a glock is. It's more likely that they can't pass a background check than it is that they are ignorant.

You TOTALLY miss the point. What about new people that have NEVER been on this site and are making their first trip to the gun store? What about people that only go to gun stores and have nobody to talk to about "gouging" and "scalping"? They may think this is just normal inflation. You are not putting yourself in the shoes of the VERY casual gun owner.

There's no way someone on here hasn't set foot in a gun store. Even the "noobs". I went through several guns before even hearing of this site, not to mention the "fact" ( ;) ) that if you search for glock on this site you'll likely get several dozen threads of people complaining about the high prices in the classifieds.

It's practically impossible not to know what a legitimate price for a glock is.

I guess they could Dcline to buy them then.

You TOTALLY miss the point. What about new people that have NEVER been on this site and are making their first trip to the gun store? What about people that only go to gun stores and have nobody to talk to about "gouging" and "scalping"? They may think this is just normal inflation. You are not putting yourself in the shoes of the VERY casual gun owner.

True, but I was talking about people buying $600+ glocks on here, not at a gun store. You have to have a background check at a gun store. My point was that if they're buying them on here, they've likely set foot in several gun stores during their life. I guess it's possible that there are ignorant people getting duped, but I have a strong feeling that isn't always the case.

Back
Top Bottom