• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you could have 2 revolvers what would they be?

Ruger 3" 10mm. Shoots both 10mm and 40, and small enough to carry (pictured).

The other would be a pocket 38 Smith.

thumbnail_20181027_113534_LI (1).jpg

1 target/safe queen and 1 concealed carry/BUG

I'm going to add a revolver to my collection at some point in time; not in the market at the moment but always like to plan ahead. I'm pretty much set on a S&W 686 probably a 4" maybe a 6" not sure. I dont know much about them. I know Colt Snake guns are the cream of the crop and that the Smith and Wesson 686 is probably the next best thing. So I figured I would ask you guys who are more experienced in the area.

Pictures of the different models would help if you could.

If we can get our schedules together - I have a 6" 686 and a 4" 586 that you are welcome to shoot.

Single action triggers are AMAZING!

If you really wanna trip I can bring the Jerry Miculek 4" mod 625 in .45acp.

I'm not that much of a revolver person, but if I could only have 2?
S&W 460 XVR 8 3/8in. barrel and something like a Uberti 1873 Cattleman 5.5in barrel with case hardened frame in 45 Colt.

I like a 3" revolver for carry, and a 686 works for me. Same with a model 60 or 66. I also like the 3" sp101. For me a good carry revolver comes down to what feels the best and getting the best deal. Any of the ones I just named would be winners for the right price and condition. There are a few others as well. I would love to see a 649 with a 3" barrel, but I don't believe S&W ever offered up a 3" 649.

For a safe queen I would probably choose a 4" blued model 29, or a 4" model 57.

Back
Top Bottom