• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

If you could only have I gun

Unfortunately a lot of us live in urban environments, so yes, concealment will be of great advantage to many. Show me consistent 3-500 yard unobstructed urban areas of potential conflict, and I'd gladly choose a rifle instead.
About half of the streets in downtown Atlanta will give you well over 500 yards.

When you're shopping for the rifle keep in mind that the little extra weight of an HBAR increases accuracy dramatically and is well worth it. :becky:

I like the idea of the shotgun, so versatile with the assortment of rounds available, and you can even change bbl's if needed. The ammo is pretty light, especially 20ga. I am also a Ruger mini-14 fan and owner. Another light rifle, good light round with more hit and range than the 22lr and range than a shotgun. One advantage of the shotgun is the ability to change ammo as needs/situations change. I would imagine that most situations would require defensive fire, as it would seem prudent to avoid anyone you were not familiar with. As simple as both the 870 and mini-14 are to take care of, I think I too would go with the 870 in 20ga.
Eight rounds (maybe) of high recoil with very slow reloads as compared to 30 rounds of light recoil and a 2 second reload. Which one of those sounds better in CQB?

I'm switching to the MP5 Silenced SBR. With my Omega 9k This is not mine but it is what it will look like.

12547197_1519289465038104_110534440_n.jpg

^^^^^^Show off, lol
Ammo is super cheap and you can find it anywhere. It is light and compact and easily concealed if needed. What's not to like? The perfect gun. :) And reliable. Also good out to 100 yards on 2 liter bottle sized targets.

Ammo is super cheap and you can find it anywhere. It is light and compact and easily concealed if needed. What's not to like? The perfect gun. :) And reliable. Also good out to 100 yards on 2 liter bottle sized targets.

Only drawback is the price for me. Other wise I'd be open carrying like a boss.

I'm switching to the MP5 Silenced SBR. With my Omega 9k This is not mine but it is what it will look like.

12547197_1519289465038104_110534440_n.jpg
I should get the stamp back (any day now) for a 9mm JR Carbine that Dobb's has SBRed and built an integral suppressor on. Good reliable weapon and the winning feature for me is that it takes Glock mags of any length so I have complete interchangeability with my handguns. I still wouldn't choose it as my only gun, but it's a very nice addition.

Back
Top Bottom